About KMF High School
The Kay Mason Foundation (KMF) was founded in 1999 with a mission to eradicate barriers and provide excellent educational opportunities and psycho-social support to young, talented South African students coming from underprivileged backgrounds.
To aid this, KMF offers numerous high school scholarships to support young students in their academic journey by providing the financial, social, emotional, and academic facilities they need.
A large number of scholars have already benefited from KMF scholarship programs to date, which has helped them achieve the academic excellence required to become future leaders of South Africa. KMF identifies top schools in South Africa and connects the right candidate with the right school to help them explore their fullest potential.
KMF High School Scholarships 2025
KMF invites candidates to apply for the Scholarship Programme for High School 2025.
The scholarship applications are open to students entering Grade 8 in the academic year 2025. KMF will make sure selected candidates are connected with top-class South African institutions to set out their Grade 8 studies and reach academic excellence.
- KMF will screen all applications and arrange a series of tests for the candidates that fulfill the eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who meet the criteria will be notified.
- Once testing is completed, successful candidates will proceed to the next procedure and form part of the Selection and Support Program.
- These candidates must attend various classes and assessments in the Bellville area on Saturdays. This does not guarantee a KMF Scholarship.
- KMF Scholarships will be officially awarded in early 2024 wherein the successful candidates will be forming part of the Senior Scholar Preparation Programme and continue their Saturday classes at the Bellville office.
- If by the end of May 2023, you do not receive any response from KMF, please regard your application as unsuccessful. If you’ve received a response from KMF, but you miss an important meeting/assessment, your application will be disqualified.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the KMF High School Scholarship 2025:
- Candidate must be a citizen of South Africa
- Candidate must be academically talented and achieved a minimum overall average of 65% or above in their First and Second Language as well as 65% or above in Mathematics and Science.
- The candidate must be in Grade 6 in the year 2023.
- The candidate must live within the Western Cape (Cape Town, Boland, Helderberg, Southern Suburbs, and Northern Suburbs area) – and can travel to Bellville for classes and assessments on Saturdays
- The combined household gross income of the candidate is less than R17 500 per month (before deductions).
Note: Failure to satisfy any of the minimum eligibility criteria will lead to your application being disregarded.
How to Apply?
The application form is available here: KMF Scholarship Application Form for Grade 8 Placements 2025
Candidates must submit clear copies of the required documents along with the online application form.
When completing the application form, please take note of the following:
- Make sure all documents are scanned and uploaded before the final submission of the application.
- Scan and upload documents from different sections separately.
- If any of the documents are missing, the application will be disqualified.
- Make sure that the contact details that you provide are correct.
Make sure you attach the following documents along with the application form:
- Proof of income of all parties that earn in the household/both parents if involved in the candidate’s upbringing.
- If employed, attach the most recent 3-month Salary Slips and 3-month Bank Statements
- If self-employed, attach 6-month Bank Statements
- If unemployed, an affidavit stating why and for how long you have been unemployed
- If applicable, proof of SASSA Grant
- Candidate’s birth certificate
- Parents/ Legal Guardian’s ID Documents
- Grade 5 (Term 4) School report
- Grade 6 (Term 1) School report
- Death Certificate of the parent (only if applicable)
- If applicable, Divorce Decree
The application deadline is 24 April 2023. Make sure to submit your applications before the deadline.
For any queries related to KMF High School Scholarship 2025, contact Stephanie.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/