KnowBe4 Inc. is one of the world’s largest simulated phishing platforms to provide security awareness training. KnowBe4 helps various organizations detect and manage cybersecurity issues of social engineering, while also helping them train their staff and employees to intelligently tackle security problems.
Fortune has ranked KnowBe4 as one of the best workplaces for women, as well as millennials, and in technology for 4 years consecutively. The company has achieved various national awards as well.
Across the globe, KnowBe4 has offices spread throughout 10 countries including South Africa, Germany, Japan, Australia, Brazil, the UAE (United Arab Emirates), the United Kingdom, the United States, Singapore, and the Netherlands. Today, more than 35, 000 organizations use KnowBe4 worldwide to tackle cybersecurity problems.
KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023
KnowBe4 offers Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023 for Veterans, Guards, Reserve, and Spouse administered by the Center of Cyber Safety and Education.
The scholarship amount will be: one tuition/fee scholarship of $10,000
KnowBe4 offers One Scholarship Award of $10,000 for tuition, fees, books, and electronics, and up to $3000 of the $10,000 may be reserved for on-campus housing as well.
This scholarship may either be given all at once or in installments over multiple semesters, including the summer session.
KnowBe4 and the Center for Cyber Safety and Education will score all the applicants based on 3 criteria:
- Financial Need
It will be a one-time award. To be considered for another scholarship, students must re-apply for each year.
Students willing to apply for the KnowBe4 Military, Veteran, or Spouse Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023 must abide by either of the following criteria:
- Applicant must be honorably discharged U.S. Military Veteran any time before October 31, 2023 (including Reservists and National Guard personnel)
- Must be a spouse or surviving spouse of honorably discharged or active Military, Veteran, Reserve, or Guard.
- Must have former or current service in the National Guard or Reserve.
Apart from this, applicants must also fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be pursuing or planning to pursue a degree focusing on cybersecurity, information assurance, or other such similar fields
- Muse be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Must be an undergraduate junior, freshman, senior, sophomore, or graduate student (Ph.D. Students NOT eligible)
- Must attend a university or college in the U.S.
- May attend a university/college online or on-campus
- May attend a university/college part-time or full-time
- GPA must be a minimum of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- KnowBe4 and Center for Cyber Safety and Education employees are NOT eligible.
- KnowBe4 will award the bursary directly to your college/university with instructions to use it for your books, fees, tuition, and required electronics, and up to $3,000 could be reserved for on-campus housing.
- If KnowBe4 shortlists you for the bursary, you need to appear for a short video interview with KnowBe4. For this, students must have camera capability on their phones, tablet, or computer.
How to Apply?
Go to the following link and apply for the KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023:
Make sure to attach the following documents along with your application:
- Unofficial transcripts from your most recent or current academic institution (if you receive the bursary, KnowBe4 won’t disburse the amount until they receive the official transcripts)
- Resume/CV. Maximum 3 pages. Do not insert any links to publications.
- Academic references are preferred. However, the applicant may submit a professional letter of recommendation covering the following points.
- One letter of recommendation that outlines the following points:
- How long have you known the applicant, and in what capacity?
- What capabilities and skills does he/she have to support the completion of their chosen degree?
- Is there any other information about the applicant to consider?
- Applicant must answer the following essay questions in the application. Every answer must be a maximum of 250 words long.
- Describe your background and accomplishments (military, educational, and personal)
- How this scholarship award will affect your cybersecurity career path. What does receiving this scholarship award mean to you?
- Who or what inspired you to pursue a cybersecurity career? What are your goals for your career? What makes you a candidate for success in the field of information security?
- After graduation, if you secure a career in this field, what steps will you take to “pay it forward” and support others who are new to this field (such as those in school, in mid-career transition, or recent graduates)
- Explain your contribution to the cybersecurity field (for example, any articles, volunteer work, etc.) and other extracurricular activities or hobbies and what these mean to you. (Do not add links to articles).
If you receive KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023, you will have to submit the following verification documents:
- Guard and Reserve must submit documentation verifying service
- Veterans must provide DD214 Short Form or similar documentation indicating honorable discharge
- Spouses must submit military ID or marriage license and DD214 Short Form or other verification document of spouses’ service.
The application deadline is 28 August 2023, at 11.59 PM ET.
Applicants will be informed by October 31, 2023.
For any queries related to the KnowBe4 Cybersecurity Scholarship 2023, contact:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/