About Knysna Rotary
Rotary International stands as one of the largest global organizations, with a mission to deliver services universally, uphold integrity, and foster worldwide understanding, peace, and goodwill through the collaboration of business, professional, and community leaders. Admission to Rotary clubs is contingent upon application, invitation, and consideration of various social factors. Presently, Rotary Club boasts a membership exceeding 1.4 million individuals across the globe, distributed among more than 46,000 clubs.
The Knysna Rotary presently comprises 45 dedicated members, all committed to the guiding principle of “Service above Self.” The club is characterized by its vibrancy and proactive engagement, as members diligently contribute to various community programs and projects within the broader Knysna region.
Knysna Rotary Bursary 2024
The Knysna Rotary Club extends an invitation to students to apply for their bursary program for the academic year 2024. These bursaries are open to students residing in Knysna and are intended for undergraduate studies in various fields such as.
- Ambulance Training
- Business Management
- Architect Drawing
- Media and Communication
- Nature Conservation
- Social Work
- Nursing and Caring
The bursary programme has been active since 1982 and constitutes a significant portion of the club’s annual budget. Funding for the scholarship is sourced locally, primarily from proceeds generated during the Rotary Golf weekend and the former Knysna Rotary Cycle tour.
The scholarship is awarded for a one-year period, and recipients must reapply for subsequent years.
Applicants who successfully qualify will undergo a thorough interview process. The bursary committee members individually assess and review applications to identify candidates for shortlisting.
Students are encouraged to participate in diverse Rotary fundraising initiatives and advocate for volunteerism.
The bursary funding varies between R6,000 and R30,000, with a focus on supporting studies in basic education and literacy, child health and maternal, and economic and community development.
Approved candidates will be granted funding according to the following structure: half of the designated amount will be disbursed to the educational institution after the completion of application processing, while the remaining half will be released only upon the successful passing of mid-year exams or courses by the candidate.
Given that this bursary is a partial award, applicants are expected to secure additional funding sources to support their tertiary education.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying. Failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered:
- You need to have lived in Knysna for a minimum of five years.
- Applicants must currently be in Matric or have successfully completed Matric.
- The bursary is applicable to those pursuing or planning to pursue undergraduate qualifications in the specified fields of study. Please note that postgraduate studies are not covered by this bursary.
- A strong academic track record is essential, with a minimum overall average of 50%.
- Applicants are required to have an additional source of funding to supplement the bursary support.
Candidates will receive preference if they:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the course requirements
- Articulate a clear career path post-completion of their studies
- Present tangible evidence of strong academic performance in school
- Provide proof of active involvement or leadership roles in school or their community
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrate a grasp of the value of hard work
- Conduct research on accommodation and travel options
- Intend to pursue employment opportunities during their holidays
- Possess knowledge about the Rotary International organization
- Stay informed about current affairs in the country
- Have sufficient financial backing from their parents or guardians
How to Apply?
Download and fill out the application form in either English or Afrikaans:
Afrikaans: Knysna Rotary Bursary Application Form 2024
To apply, kindly send your applications via email to: email@example.com. Please ensure to include the phrase “Knysna Rotary Bursary 2024” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documentation along with their fully filled-out application form. The submission of these documents is mandatory; failure to include any required items may result in the disqualification of your application.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Passport-sized photograph (to be affixed to the application form)
- Latest Matric results, if currently enrolled in Matric
- Matric certificate, if Matric has been completed
- Most recent tertiary academic results, if currently pursuing higher education
- For re-applicants or existing bursary holders: mid-year academic results
Shortlisted individuals may need to provide the following supporting documents:
- Matriculation results (if completed in 2023)
- Tertiary end-of-year results
- Evidence of enrollment in a tertiary institution
- Student identification number
- Banking details of the respective tertiary institution
The application deadline is 17 November 2023.
For any inquiries regarding this bursary program, kindly reach out to the Knysna Rotary Club directly through the following contact details:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Contact Page: https://knysnarotary.co.za/contact-us/
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/