About Letsatsi Borutho Trust
Established as a community trust, the Letsatsi Borutho Trust owns shares of the Droogfontein Solar Power plant. The community trust aims to benefit the community within 50 kilometers of the plant.
Under the guidance of a pragmatic council of trustee members, Letsatsi Borutho Trust ensures the accountability of the communities of Windsorton, Barkley West, Riverton, Galeshewe, Ritchie, Greenpoint, Platfontein, and Kimberley. The purpose of the organization is to address past inequalities, promote social cohesion, include development techniques and assist the growth of disadvantaged and poor communities in the vicinity of the Droogfontein Solar Power plant.
The bursary provided by the trust benefits the youth residing within the geographical operational area of the Letsatsi Trust. Since its establishment, more than R4.1 million have been invested in tertiary funding. Further estimation of R1.8 billion has been calculated to be provided in the upcoming bursary year.
Letsatsi Borutho Trust Bursary 2024
Letsatsi Borutho Trust is providing bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year, pursuing any field of study (national diploma, degree, NQF level 4 technical, training program or vocational education). However, the candidate needs to reside within a 50km radius of the Droogfontein Solar Power plant.
The bursary will cover the expenses of accommodation costs (in tertiary residence or equivalent), examination fees, learning materials (including stationery and textbooks), registration fees, tuition fees and meals. The total value to be provided to the applicants will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria before the application
- Must be a South African citizen
- The candidate should be 35 years or younger
- The applicant must belong to the community of Windsorton, Barkley West, Riverton, Galeshewe, Ritchie, Greenpoint, Platfontein, or Kimberley
- Should have completed Matric (NSC)/ NTC
- The applicant must be pursuing or intend to pursue national diploma, degree, NQF level 4 technical, training programme or vocational education
- The candidate must be studying or intend to study in an accredited and recognized tertiary educational institution in South Africa. (University, TVET College or University of Technology)
- The candidate must showcase financial need and submit proof of lack of sufficient funds to continue higher education
- The applicant must possess strong academic results
How To Apply?
Bursary applications must be submitted online at Letsatsi Borutho Trust Bursary Application 2024
To complete your application, the documents required are:
- Certified copies of ID documents
- If completing the Matric examination then Matric June prelims 2023 result; If completed the Matric examination, then a certified copy of the Matric certificate must be submitted
- Proof of acceptance of provisional admission to an educational institution on the institution’s letterhead
- Residential address proof
- Certified copies of income proof of parents/ guardians are required (If employed, latest payslips; If unemployed affidavit; Grant or pension proof as applicable)
The closing date for application is 31 October 2023.
If facing any queries regarding Letsatsi Borutho Trust Bursary, then contact through,
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/