About MAD Leadership Foundation
Make A Difference (MAD) Leadership Foundation was established in 2003 with the aim of supporting talented high school and tertiary students in achieving their career goals. The foundation provides them with all the opportunities and tools required to unleash their full potential and become future leaders of South Africa.
Founded by Francois Pienaar, the MAD Leadership Foundation provides complete educational access to talented yet financially underprivileged students across South Africa. Young talent who face economic as well as other barriers in pursuing their studies are most welcome to avail financial resources MAD Leadership offers.
The foundation takes a personal approach by investing in students’ education to help them improve their socio-economic condition and ultimately build successful lives not just for themselves but for communities as well.
MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship 2024
MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship Programme 2024 is designed with South Africa’s as well as global goals in mind. The bursary aims to eliminate poverty from the community, discard inequality and work towards building a sustainable future for everyone. This is done with the help of MAD leadership’s multi-disciplinary team skilled in various fields.
The MAD Leadership Scholarship Programme comprises:
- 7 Support and Development Programmes
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Scholar Support and Administration
The support programme offers the following benefits but is not limited to:
- Full tuition fee
- Full Private accommodation payment or residence fees
- Stationery and textbook provision
- Medical aid
- Access to educational and clinical psychologists and other experts as needed
- Psycho-social support
- Subject choice and career guidance
- Access to multi-disciplinary support team
- Continuous monitoring of student’s personal well-being and academic performance
- Electronic devices- maintenance and insurance
- Leadership and personal development
Students willing to apply for the MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship Programme 2024 must abide by the following general criteria:
- The student must be a South African citizen
- Students must be learners in Grade 7 to Grade 12
- Academic record must be 65% aggregate
- Must speak and understand basic English
- Gross combined income per household per month should be less than R25 000
Note: Apart from these criteria, there may be other criteria for various opportunities MAD Leadership offers. These will be conveyed to students via scholarship update emails and social media handles.
Students with the following qualities will be given preference:
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Actively participates in community service
- Has a sense of responsibility and a strong value system
- Involves in extra-curricular activities (school-related)
How to Apply?
Go to the link and fill up the application form provided: MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship Application 2024.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to take part in psychometric and leadership assessments in the month of July and August 2023
- Shortlisted candidates will attend an interview in September 2023
- Successful candidates will be notified by 20 September 2023
- Scholarships are subject to availability and funding
If you do not receive any feedback from the MAD Leadership by 24 July 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please submit the following documents while submitting your applications.
- Certified copy of ID document
- If younger than 16 years, a certified copy of your birth certificate
- Copy of final school report for academic years 2021 and 2022
- Confirmation of good conduct from school (from the teacher, principal, lecturer, residence head, etc.) along with confirmation of school quintile
- Certified copy of ID document of parents or legal guardians
- If any of the parents is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate
- Confirmation of the number of people and their age living in the student’s household, along with their contribution to the income
- Proof of income
- Confirmation of school fees and who pays the school fees
- A letter from the school if you have received a bursary or discount or have been exempted from paying school fees
- An essay stating the applicant’s information and their detailed reason for applying
- If the applicant is younger than 18 years of age, then the Statement of Integrity and Consent must be co-signed by a parent/legal guardian.
The application deadline is 30 June 2023.
For any queries related to the MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship 2024, contact the following:
Tel: 082 313 9014
SMS: 082 313 9014
Whatsapp: 082 313 9014
Response time is between 3-5 business days.
Business hours: 9 am to 4 pm, Monday-Friday.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/