About Makoena Mabusela Bursary Fund
The Makoena Mabusela Bursary Fund is a non-profit set up by Makoena Mabusela. Makoena Mabusela is a chartered accountant working at Investec in the aviation sector.
She hails from Limpopo and comes from an impoverished background. Her journey from poverty to working in one of the highest-paying occupations in the country is an inspiration to many. To help other poor students realise their dream, Makoena Mabusela Bursary Fund offers financial assistance.
The Makoena Mabusela Bursary
The Makoena Mabusela bursaries are meant for South African students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds. Many of the students face financial hardships when it comes to completing their education. This bursary programme aims to fund their education and help them get employed so they can realise their dreams.
The Makoena Mabusela Bursary is designed for students who are currently either in Grade 12 or in the first year of their undergraduate programme and are looking forward to studying in the STEM field.
For the upcoming academic session, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
- Business Economics
- Investments and Finance
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. You’ll be required to submit a cost estimate, and you’ll receive funding based on the same estimate.
** RELATED BURSARIES **
- View our other currently open Music & Arts Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open General Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Education and Teaching Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Bursaries and Scholarships OPEN for application here.
Eligibility Criteria For The Makoena Mabusela Bursary
To be selected for the bursary programme, you must first fulfill certain eligibility criteria. These are defined by the bursary provider to select candidates for funding. Since the number of bursaries is limited and the number of applicants often outnumber them, it can’t award bursaries to everyone. Therefore, always cross-check with the requirements before applying. Failing to meet any of the criteria will lead to rejection.
The eligibility requirements for Makoena Mabusela Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be either studying in Grade 12 or the first year of the university programme
- Those who are currently in Grade 12 or those who possess a National Senior Certificate: must have scored at least 50% in Maths (not to be confused with Maths Literacy) and 70% in English
- Those students who are in the first year of their university programme: must have scored 60% in every subject
- Must fulfill all the entrance requirements for that particular study programme, if entering the first year of study in 2022
- Must be pursuing a qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must have a proven financial need
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. The selection is based on the household income. So those with the lowest income will get the preference over others.
How to Apply For The Makoena Mabusela Bursary?
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, consider applying for the Makoena Mabusela Bursary 2022. To apply, you must use the StudyTrust platform. The bursary provider uses StudyTrust to manage all the applicants and communicate with them.
Therefore, visit the official bursary page at StudyTrust and click on ‘Apply Here.’ If you already have an account, you can click on ‘Log In’ on the next page. Otherwise, sign up and create an account. You’ll have to provide your personal details, and contact details and then upload the latest academic results. Complete the entire process and apply for the bursary. You can check the outcome within the StudyTrust portal by logging into your account.
Closing Date Of The Makoena Mabusela Bursary
Currently closed for application.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For further details on the bursary programme, you can contact the bursary provider at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org.’
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/