About The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training
A government ministry, the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is responsible for setting the direction and policies of the educational system in the Flemish regions of Belgium. Under the Belgian Constitution, any person is entitled to establish an institution and provide education to the general public. However, to be recognized as a tertiary institution to provide higher education and award degrees, you must be accredited by the proper authorities.
The federated entities of Belgium are solely responsible for awarding higher education institutions recognition (Flemish Community, German-speaking Community, or French Community). The federal government does not have the powers to recognize or grant university status to higher education institutions.
Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium 2022
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is providing Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium to complete a study in master’s programme. The scholarship will be offered to the outstanding students across the world to study in Brussels and Flanders through the scholarship programme. Scholarships are only available to students who have received a conditional offer of acceptance from the participating institution.
- The waiver of tuition fees per academic year
- Cost of accommodation
- Living expenses
Administrative enrolment fees are not covered by the Master Mind Scholarship.
Funds are distributed in installments. You can check the Payment of the Scholarship to find out more about the disbursement of the scholarship.
Note: The scholarship recipient must cover all additional expenses not covered by the scholarship, i.e. flight costs, cost of additional tuition fees in addition to the covered costs, and health insurance.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify for the scholarship:
- Citizens of all nationalities can apply
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at any Flemish institution offering higher education
- Have achieved excellent academic results: At least an average grade point of 3.5 in 4 is required. You can calculate your GPA by vising the GPA calculator
- Proficiency in the English language
- You must be accepted for a master’s degree at any of the Flemish institutions for higher education that is eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships
- A previous degree from an institution of higher education outside of Flanders is required. Master Mind Scholarships are available for international students who have undertaken a degree mobility program at a Flemish institution.
How to apply?
To apply for the Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium 2022, the applicants:
- Must have applied to any of the Flemish host institutions offering the Master Mind Scholarship Program
- The host institution will begin the Master Mind scholarship application process after accepting your application. Your application file will be created in the Mobility-Online tool, and an email will be sent to you informing you that you have been pre-selected to receive the Master Mind scholarship
- You need to register in tool ‘Mobility-Online’ once you receive the email in order to complete your application before the deadline
Applicants need to submit the following mandatory documents along with their application. Your application will not be considered if you fail to submit any of the documents.
- A passport size photograph
- Copy of your national ID card or international passport
- Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- A transcript of your records if they are written in languages other than French, English, German or Ditch, must be accompanied by a certified translation
- Test results of English language or letter of exemption from the host institution
- A motivational letter (must be written in English)
- At least two written letters of recommendation signed by lecturers or professors from your previous university or your recent employer (must be written in English)
- A copy of your degree certificates, if they are written in another language than English, German, French or Dutch, you must enclose the certified translation.
For detailed information about the application process, you can check the Master Mind Scholarships website.
The deadline for submission of the application is 29 April 2022.
However, the deadline for application varies between participating institutions.
- Ghent University: 6 April 2022
- University of Antwerp: 1 March 2022
- Hasselt University: 15 March 2022
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts: 1 March 2022
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel: 25 February 2022
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts: t.b.c.
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts: 30 March 2022
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts: 25 March 2022
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts: 1 March 2022
- LUCA School of Arts: 1 March 2022
If you have any questions about studying in Flanders, please contact the Flemish higher education institutions.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/