About the University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria, formerly known as Transvaal University College, was established in the year 1908 on March 4. It is located in Pretoria, Gauteng in South Africa. It is a public university that has seven campuses under it and known as one of the best research universities all over the world.
They believe in excellence and paying back to society by working on solving the concerns of the public. They aim to make citizens that are not only active but socially responsible as well.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023
The University of Pretoria is offering an opportunity for postgraduate students to apply for the Mastercard scholarship. This program is especially inclined towards academically gifted and financially weak students.
Note: Applicants must not be a recipient of any postgraduate degree.
The University offers the following postgraduate programs:
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences.
- Honours and Masters’s degree applications in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
Note: There are no scholarships available for PhD courses.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. You must meet all the below conditions to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidate must hold South African Citizenship.
- The candidate must be in financial need and come from a disadvantaged background.
- The candidate must possess leadership qualities and be interested in paying back to the community through church, school etc.
- The candidate must be academically excellent and maintain performance at all times.
How to Apply For The Bursary?
Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the scholarships.
Step 1: Apply for the scholarship online via the link given on the page of the University of Pretoria. Click here to apply. Candidates can also submit the application form (pdf) in the form of a hard copy. For further information on alternative submissions, you can contact the concerned people via the following:
Telephone: +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621
Step 2: Submitted application is analysed by the concerned faculty who will then inform you regarding the acceptance or rejection of your application.
Step 3: After getting admitted, contact email@example.com so the application process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship can be started.
Lastly, Step 4: The successful applicants must have a passport so they can apply for the visa at the earliest.
Closing Date of The Bursary
The application deadline is 31 October 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Candidates can contact the University of Pretoria for any queries regarding the scholarship.
Telephone: 012 420 3111
Contact Centre – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org