A nation’s true strength comes from its youth. Educated youth contribute greatly to the success and development of a country. However, not every talented youth has the means to pursue their dream career.
To assist and enable such students to continue their studies, bursaries are provided. Through bursary programs, the education of deserving and passionate youth is funded and they are allowed to excel academically.
If you wish to continue your studies and want to receive a bursary then the Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust can be a source of help.
About Mitchell’s Plain Trust
In 2009, when Trevor Manuel was appointed as the MP of the African National Congress he consulted with the community leaders, and the decision was taken to focus on education and skills.
As a result of the joined efforts of the trustees and members, the Trust came into existence on 16 June 2011. Since then it has been working intending to produce role models and leaders of the future for the nation by assisting them with bursaries.
The Trust raises funds from corporations, individuals, private institutions, and different companies.
In 2012, the Trust awarded the first bursary to 15 matriculants. Each student received an amount of R10 000 towards their tuition fees.
About Mitchell’s Plain Trust Bursary Program
The Mitchell’s Plain Trust bursary provides help to all needy students who want to study in any field of study. Students who require funds to carry on their studies in the academic year 2022 should apply for the bursary.
This bursary is available for students who want to study at any of the tertiary institutions within the Western Cape.
- This bursary covers the initial registration/tuition fees up to the amount decided by the Trust.
- Students should note that the Trust does not provide the bursary amount in full. Hence, one should arrange for other sources of funds to cover the remaining amount.
- The bursary will be paid directly to the tertiary institution where the student is studying
- The Trust grants bursaries only for one year of studies. For the consequent years, students must re-apply.
- Only those students who display a strong academic performance will receive the bursary for subsequent years.
Eligibility Criteria For The Mitchell’s Plain Trust Bursary Program
The Trust has set eligibility criteria against which students will be assessed and shortlisted for the bursary. Those students who do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be eligible to receive the bursary.
- One must be a citizen of South Africa
- Applicant must be a resident of the suburb of Mitchell’s Plain in Cape Town
- Students must have a strong academic record
- One must have financial shortcomings
- Students who are currently in Matric (2021) and enrolled in any of the 17 high schools in Mitchell’s Plain can apply
- Students who are currently receiving the MP Trust bursary are eligible to apply
- One must have applied in any of the recognized tertiary institutions in Western Cape in 2022
How to Apply for The Mitchell’s Plain Trust Bursary Program?
- Students can begin by submitting the Mitchell Plain Bursary Trust Online Application Form.
- Applicants are also required to attach copies of the following documents along with the application form. If any of the documents are missing, then the application will be rejected.
Documents (All Candidates)
- Certified copy of ID document
- Income proof of parents or guardians (payslips, sworn affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
- Documents showing residence proof
Documents (New Candidates)
- June and September Matric results
- Final results of Grade 11
- Application proof at the tertiary institution on the institute’s letterhead
- A letter of support by the School principal on school letterhead
- One must write a convincing motivational letter to the Trust
- Attach details of achievements like an extra mural, sports, etc.
Documents (Current Bursary Candidates)
- Tertiary exam results of June and September
- Candidates who are shortlisted by the Trust shall attend an interview before the final selection
- Conditional acceptance will be conveyed to the students based on the September results and applications submitted
- Application submitted after the closing date will not be accepted by the Trust.
Closing Date Of The Mitchell’s Plain Trust Bursary Program
The last date of application is 30 November 2021
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For any queries, students can contact the Trust directly on the following:
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/