About The Mmabana Arts, Culture and Sport Foundation
As a Public Entity of North West Province, the Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation is part of the Department of Arts, Sports, Culture, and Recreation. A large part of the organization’s mission is to facilitate the development, industrialization, performance, and teaching of art, culture, and artistic sport in the province of the North West in South Africa.
Mmabana Arts, Culture and Sports Foundation Bursary 2022
Students from the North West Province are invited to apply for bursary funding from Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation for the 2023 academic year.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate awards will be made in the fields of performing and visual arts.
Expenses covered by the bursary include study materials, tuition costs, and accommodation (if needed). Transport and meals are not covered by the bursary.
A shortlist of candidates will be contacted. You should assume that your application failed if you haven’t heard anything within 3 months (by mid-September 2022).
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements (please note that your application will not be considered if you do not meet all requirements):
- The applicant must be a citizen of South Africa
- The North West Province must be your home
- You must be studying or planning to study towards a Performing Arts or Visual Arts qualification as an Undergraduate or Postgraduate student
- In South Africa, you must attend an accredited institution of higher education or be accepted to study there
- If you are currently receiving NSFAS funding, you cannot apply
- Employees of Mmabana Arts Culture and Sports Foundation and Government employees are not eligible
How to Apply?
You can download and fill out the Mmabana Arts, Culture & Sports Foundation Bursary Application Form 2022.
Please send your applications to: Bursary2022@mmabana.org.za
Note: Include the subject line of the email with “Mmabana Bursary Application 2022”.
If you prefer, you can apply at Mmabana Centres within the North West Province (Mahikeng, Lehurutshe, Kanana Community Arts Centre in Orkney, Rustenburg, Taung).
Include a clear copy of the following documents with your application (these documents are mandatory – any missing items will lead to the disqualification of your application):
- Document of identification (certified copy, not older than six months)
- Acceptance or admission to an accredited South African institution of learning
- Currently-enrolled students need to submit their transcripts or records (on the institution’s letterhead) if they are not first-year students
- An institution’s fee breakdown (on its letterhead)
- Details of the institution’s bank account (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of income from guardians, parents, or applicants, if they are employed (3 months’ paystubs)
- Affidavits and motivational letters proving financial need, if applicable
- Document proving residence in the North West Province
The application deadline is 17 June 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Please apply before the deadline if you want your application to be considered.
The Mmabana Arts, Culture & Sports Foundation can be reached directly if you have any questions about this scholarship programme:
Name of the Contact person: Ms Pumla Mpahlwa
Telephone Number: 066 421 2796
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/