About Monocle Foundation
Monocle is an independent consulting firm specializing in banking and insurance. Founded in 2002, it now has offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Amsterdam, and London.
In 2014, the Monocle Foundation was established to offer financial support to female students from underprivileged backgrounds, pursuing fields of study relevant to Monocle’s expertise.
Monocle Foundation Bursary 2024
The Monocle Foundation’s bursary program for the academic year 2024 is now open for student applications. The program is specifically designed to benefit previously disadvantaged black females pursuing Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies in various fields of study including but not limited to:
- Computer Science
The scholarship will cover various expenses, including allowances for books and study materials, tuition fees, accommodation, a laptop, and a subsistence allowance. Additionally, students will have access to career counseling and an MS Office course.
The Trustees will carefully select candidates for shortlisting, and all applicants will receive feedback regarding the status of their application.
The initial phase of the selection procedure involves a telephone screening with the Trust Administrator, followed by a face-to-face meeting with the same administrator. Subsequently, candidates who make it to the shortlist will participate in a one-on-one interview with one of their Trustees.
Make sure you meet the minimum entry criteria outlined before you apply. If any of these requirements are not met, your application will not be taken into consideration.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- You must be a female to apply
- Completion of Matric is mandatory
- You must belong to the Black community (Coloured, African, Asian, or Indian)
- Currently pursuing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in specified fields of study
- The applicant must be in the second year of study or higher
- The applicant must be enrolled in a recognized and accredited South African tertiary institution
- The applicant must have demonstrated financial need with limited to no funding for education
How to Apply?
You must submit your applications online at: Monocle Foundation Bursary 2024
Please include authentic copies of the specified supporting documentation when submitting your online application. It is important to submit all required documents, as the absence of any items may result in the disqualification of your application.
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of your matric certificate
- Authentic academic record/transcripts (issued on the institution’s official letterhead and endorsed by the University)
- Certified copy of the degree certificate for postgraduate students
- Detailed breakdown of financial needs for 2024, including tuition fees, accommodation, study materials, and living expenses
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A letter addressing the Trustees of the Monocle Foundation Trust, containing the following particulars:
- Personal background and information
- Area of academic focus
- Professional aspirations
- Motivation, elucidating the reasons for deserving the bursary
The application deadline is 10 November 2023.
If you have any questions regarding this bursary programme, feel free to reach out to the Monocle Foundation directly.
Contact page: https://www.monoclesolutions.com/en-za/contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/