With the aim of providing opportunities to deserving and motivated students, the Moshal Scholarship Program operates in Israel and South Africa. Moshal is a private philanthropic organisation, aiming to provide a platform to cater to the needs of the youth of South Africa and help them build a bright future and extend their hand to improve the community as well.
Since its establishment in 2009, Moshal has supported over 1000 students in Israel and South Africa and funded more than 600 aspiring candidates. They have helped in successfully complete graduation with flying colours. The Moshal community includes business partners, alumni and students trying to create opportunities to build an impressive future and helping to instil strong moral ethics in young people. Moshal believes instilling values like accountability, dedication, integrity, and leadership in the youth can help in developing the economy and society of South Africa.
Moshal Scholarship Program 2024
The Moshal Program is awarding scholarships to students for the upcoming academic year.
Candidates will be awarded scholarships for degree studies in the fields of;
- Science: Dentistry, Medicine (MBChB), Pharmacy (UKZN only), Veterinary Science
- Technology: Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology
- Engineering: Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronic
- Mathematics: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Commerce: Accounting, Economics, Financial Sciences, Investment Management, Management Sciences
At selected universities:
- University of Witwatersrand (Wits)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- Stellenbosch University (SUN)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
- University of Free State (UFS)
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
Nursing, Humanities and Teaching degrees are not included in the scholarship program.
If your application is successful, you will have the chance to attend an interview. If you are not selected, you will be notified the decision. Keep an eye on your inbox!
You have to suffice the following eligibility criteria to be considered eligible for the scholarship program
- The candidate must pursue degree studies in one of the fields mentioned by the panel i.e., Actuarial Science, Data Science / Mathematics / Statistics, Medicine / Pharmacy, Commerce / Accounting, Computer Science / Information Technology and Engineering
- The application has to complete higher education in one of the universities included in the Moshal Program (Wits, UP, UCT, SUN, UKZN, UFS, UJ)
- The applying candidate should have a minimum result of 70% in English, Physical Science, Mathematics and Accounting
- The family income of the applicant should not exceed R200 000 per annum and the student should be committed and motivated to complete their higher education
How To Apply?
To apply for the Moshal Scholarship Program 2024, click on the online application form and complete it.
You have to submit the following documents to ensure your candidature is considered eligible for the scholarship:
- Copy of your ID (does not need to be certified) – If you are not a South African Citizen, please provide a copy of your passport and, if available, your study visa
- Copy of parent/guardian ID
- Declaration / Consent Form signed by my Parents/Guardian (required if you are under 18 years old)
- Grade 11 November results
- Proof of all Social Grants – letter or statement, not scan of SASSA card
- OR 3 months’ bank statements from your parents/guardian (not your personal bank account), from ALL of their bank accounts
- OR affidavit stating they don’t have a bank account
Non-compulsory documents to upload initially, but will be requested at a later stage
- Payslip for all members of your family who are employed (even if it is part-time)
- Grade 12 final results (if you are in Grade 12 in 2023, please submit by logging back into your application and uploading your document)
- If you are already at university, please include the latest full university transcript of results.
- Acceptance letter (or proof of provisional acceptance) from the university/ies you have chosen to study at/are studying at, if received.
- Your NBT Scores (if you have them)
- Proof of Application for other funding – a screenshot is acceptable
To be confirmed.
It is essential to submit the application within the given deadline; otherwise, the bursary panel is authorized to cancel a candidature.
To solve any queries regarding the scholarship, applicants can visit this page
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. Please view our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/