Nedbank believes in supporting, uplifting, and working towards the development of the youth of the country. It aims to aid the deserving candidates to build a bright, successful future and take the country towards unparalleled success.
The existence of Nedbank dates back to 1831 when the Cape of Good Hope Bank was established. It was given the present name after several structural changes, name changes, and rebranding in 2003. It is one of the four largest banks in South Africa that provides wholesale and retail banking services as well as asset management, wealth management, and growing insurance.
Nedbank currently operates in 6 countries within the South African Development Community. Its subsidiaries are found in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, and Lesotho. Nedbank is listed as one of the “top 40” companies on JSE and has a market capitalization of R93 billion.
Nedbank Bursary 2024
Through their Bursary program, Nedbank strives to fund the academic expenses of career-oriented students who lack financial strength. The bursary is available for students who want to study full-time first-year undergraduate or diploma at South African public university or university of technology.
The main aim of this bursary program is to resolve the issue of scarce skills with a focus on green economy skills. Green economy functions with a focus on sustaining and advancing economic, environmental, and social well-being.
Green economy skills are those skills that help to promote human well-being and social equity while reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Such skills also focus on reducing pollution, and carbon emission, and increasing energy and material efficiency thus, enhancing the natural capital.
The following cost is covered under Nedbank Bursary:
- Tuition cost
- Examination fees
- Registration charges
- Textbook and study material charges
- Meal costs at the University
- Accommodation cost
- Other compulsory charges
Nedbank Bursary Requirement and Eligibility
The Nedbank Bursary is available only to students who succeed in fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen
- Student must be studying in grade 12 or pass grade 12 within the past two years.
- Student must have enrolled to study for an undergraduate course in the year 2024.
- Applicant must be studying or have been accepted to study full-time at South African public University or University of Technology in the year 2024.
- A minimum score of average 65% should be achieved in the current year of study at Matric or University level
- Applications from grade 12 graduates and senior certificate holders with Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted
- Student should score a minimum 65% in all subjects aligned to the University degree.
- Applicant must prove their financial disability.
The Application Process
- Applicants need to fill out the application form online: Nedbank Bursary Application 2024
Note: Please Make sure you fill all the fields appropriately.
Following supporting, documents are required to be attached with the completed application form. Failure to provide any of the documents can lead to the rejection of your application.
- Certified ID Document
- Covering letter
- Grade 11 final results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
- Grade 12 final results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
- Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of ID documents of parents/guardians
- Parents/guardian income proof:
- Letter of employment or latest payslip (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of social grant if applicable
- Affidavit of unemployment
- If an informal hawker or trader: home loan statement, proof of income, council rates and taxes statement
- Latest bank statement (3 months)
- Death certificate of deceased parents
- If receiving pension, grant, maintenance, rent, or interest attach pension slip or bank statement (not older than 3 months)
- In case of commission earners IRP5, IT3 and IT12 form of the last two years.
- Written consent from parents and other earning members confirming that they have no objection to their income details being shared with third parties for verification
- Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit filled and signed by applicant and parent/guardian.
- Disabled applicants may submit a medical letter from the doctor confirming the disability.
Only those applications that adhere to the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted and will receive an invitation for a virtual interview, psychometric testing and other assessments.
15 August 2023
For any queries regarding this bursary please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team directly at:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/