About Ngodwana Energy
The Ngodwana Energy Biomass Power Plant is along the N4 in the Emakhazeni District of South Africa’s Mpumalanga region. The plant went into operation in March 2022 and uses biomass harvested from nearby plantations and filtered waste material from the mill production process. Sappi Southern Africa owns 30% of Ngodwana Energy.
Sappi Southern Africa owns 30% of Ngodwana Energy, a 25-MW biomass energy facility in Ngodwana Mill. Ngodwana focuses, among other things, on sustainably sourced and sustainable solutions as viable alternatives to fossil-based products and on assisting local communities in prospering.
Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023
Ngodwana Energy is inviting applications for the Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023. Please note that the bursaries are only for diploma and degree students residing within Emakhazeni Local Municipality and the City of Mbombela Local Municipality. Students from the following fields may apply:
- Environmental Health and Management
- Risk Management
- Safety Management
To apply for the bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria, failing which their applications may stand canceled:
- You must have South African citizenship.
- You must be under the age of 35 and not more than that.
- You must reside within:
- Emakhazeni Local Municipality: Communities in Ward 5 that include Hemlock, Arlie, and Sycamore or communities in Ward 7 that include Engwenya Waterval Boven.
- City of Mbombela Local Municipality: Communities in Ward 12 that include Bhamjees, Berlin, Schagen, Kaapsehoop, Elandshoek, Ngodwana, and De Goedehoop Farm or communities in Ward 14 that include Kankanyisa Agri-Village, Metaffin, Mbambo, Lugedleni, Newstands, Sterkspruit, Skomsplaas, and Woodhouse.
- The applicant must have a Matriculation certificate.
- You must be enrolled in a degree or diploma course in a tertiary university in the academic year 2023 for a full-time purpose.
- You must achieve a score of at least 60% (on average)
- You must not have any other bursary source like NSFAS.
- You must not hold a student debt of 3 years or longer.
How to Apply?
Ngodwana Energy is accepting applications only through the mail for the Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023. Applicants may apply through the:
The Subject Line of the email should be: Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023
Note: No application form is there to apply for the bursary programme. So, you need to submit the mandatory documents through email to apply.
To apply for the bursary for the academic year 2023, applicants must send in scanned copies of the following documents to the respective email address, failing which applications may stand disqualified:
- A certified copy of your ID no older than 3 months.
- Your recent academic records (matric results, grade 11 results, prelims, or 1st semester)
- Proof of registration at the required tertiary institution on letterhead.
- Account statements on the letterhead of the institution.
- Proof of residence in the above-mentioned communities.
- SOP or motivational letter supporting your application.
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians (payslips, affidavits, sassa grant if applicable, or pension funds whatever is applicable)
The last date to apply for the bursary programme is 27 January 2023 (5:00 pm). The applicants must apply before the closing date to avoid disqualifications.
To inquire further, please contact the following:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/