Imfundo Trust is initiated by the Old Mutual Investment Group (OMIG) which intends to improve the pool of qualified professionals in the asset management industry. Since its founding in 2011, it has given about R4 000 000 every year on scholarships. Imfundo Trust centered on deserving black individuals especially women, on acquiring higher education at the top South African universities.
The Imfundo Trust Scholarships provide funding to study on a full-time basis for undergraduate and selected postgraduate degree programmes at an accredited University in South Africa.
Scholarships will be awarded for Degree studies within these fields:
- For First and second year studies:
- Finance and
- Management Sciences
- Computer Science and related qualifications
- Data Science
- For postgraduate: Climate Studies
Continuation of the OMIG financial assistance will require that the student pass each academic year. OMIG scholars are not required to pay back the scholarship, thus, upon graduation, they are not obliged to join or work for the Old Mutual Investment Group.
OMIG Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Applicants currently in their first year must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Scholarship is only available to applicants who will be in their first or second year in 2024.
- Minimum 70% average as well as minimum 70% for Mathematics, and 70% for English FAL (or 60% for English HL)
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to applicants from rural and township backgrounds
- Hard-working students who are able to demonstrate success in tertiary study
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications for the OMIG Imfundo Trust scholarship must be completed online at Old Mutual Imfundo Trust Scholarship Application 2024
Applicants must read the Study Trust Bursary Applications Page before applying.
The documents required for registering for the OMIG Imfundo Trust Scholarship are:
- Application essay which will include the following prompts
- Personal background with family circumstances
- Achievements and leadership positions taken
- Personal strengths and weaknesses
- Elaboration of your choice of study program in connection with your talents, interests and envisioned a career
- Personal statement to formulate your application profile.
- Refugee permit or ID copy
- Income certificate of mother/death certificate
- Income certificate of father/death certificate
- Proof of acceptance/registration
- Address proof
- National Senior Certificate
- (If applicable) Full academic records
- Profile picture
The application window closes on 10 October 2023.
If experiencing any difficulties regarding Old Mutual Imfundo Trust Scholarship, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly at:
Telephone: 011 403 1632
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/