About Pearson Institute Scholarship
Pearson Institute’s foundation started way back 2013, when it became the sole owner of Midrand Graduate Institute (MGI). In 2016, MGI was renamed Pearson Institute of Higher Education. It has more than 35,000 employees in over 70 countries. Today, it has 12 campuses, more than 8 000 students and 35 different nationalities across campuses in South Africa.
Pearson Institute support global and local educational causes and issues that help remove barriers to achieving better learning outcomes. This is made possible through a combination of their quality products and services, external and internal campaigns, sustainability initiatives and social innovation.
Pearson Institute Scholarship
Pearson Institute aims to support talented, top-performing students get opportunity to continue their higher education studies. Through this, the Institute awards a scholarship to a new student that enrolls with the institution. This scholarship aims to reward and inspire students on their learning journey to academic excellence by investing R2.5 million in tuition and learning materials. This will empower the fulltime students to get equipped in the real world with one of the Pearson Institute qualifications.
The scholarship is only available for bachelor’s degree programs. No scholarship grants will be given to the Institute’s special courses, short learning programs, foundation programmes or Higher Certificates. Scholarships are awarded on a year-to-year basis and an application has to be submitted
Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen or permanent resident and applicants with study permits are eligible to apply
- Payment of application fee
- Full time students towards bachelor’s degree programmes on offer at any of the Pearson Institute/CTI campuses and must be registered for every module in that specific course
- New students who have not previously studied at Pearson Institute or CTI
- Meet the minimum entrance requirements for the specific qualification the applicant wishes to study
- Have obtained a senior certificate or equivalent qualification and/or SAQA letter
- Must pass all six Grade 12 subjects with an average not lower than 65%
- For those studying a degree in the sciences, commerce, business or information technology, a candidate must passed mathematics (not maths literacy) in Grade 12
How to Apply and Application Details
- Visit: https://www.pearsoninstitute.ac.za/Fees-and-Funding/Scholarships.html to apply
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- Valid senior certificate or equivalent (if you have completed Grade 12)
- Latest official academic transcript or record
- Valid South African identity document
NOTE: Applications must be submitted to the relevant Pearson Institute/CTI campus for review and
recommendations. Applications will then be forwarded to the national Pearson Scholarship Committee for final approval. No faxed application forms will be accepted.
Opening & Closing Date