About Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard is one of the most successful global wine and spirits groups established in more than 160 countries. Comprising one of the comprehensive portfolios in the industry, Pernod Ricard’s ambitions to become the leader in the sector.
Under the guardianship of a professional and efficient board of directors, committees, and executive board, Pernod Ricard’s vision is to impact the world positively. The company understands the importance of boosting the growth of South African youth to manage the skill shortage the country faces and therefore launched bursary programs to aid economic and social growth in South Africa.
Pernod Ricard Bursary 2023
Pernod Ricard is inviting students to apply for the bursary program for the upcoming academic year. An R7m bursary program has been launched to address the skill shortage in South Africa. The bursary will help in completing degree courses for university students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The bursary will cover studies of full-time undergraduate students, with priority given to pursuing a degree in engineering, technology, finance, and legal courses. Applicants pursuing degrees to become internal auditors, commercial finance managers, quality control managers, corporate counsel (in-house), senior traders, engineering project directors, tax consultants, or compliance officers are also eagerly welcomed.
The Human Resource director of Sub-Saharan Africa and South Africa believes South Africa houses immense potential, and channeling the energies of the youth and investing in their development will help the country’s growth in the long run. The bursary aims to provide a platform for the youth of South Africa to develop the critical skills required to take the growth of the country and the business to the next level.
The Pernod Ricard bursary program will cover university tuition fees, exam fees, other registration fees, fees, meals allowances, and sundry allowances (R15 000 per annum paid directly to the student for sundry expenses and to purchase study materials).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend interviews and interviews to make the final selection. The selected candidates will also be eligible for an internship program at Pernod Ricard.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Applicants have to suffice the following criteria to be considered eligible for the bursary
- The candidate must be a South African or Sub-Saharan Africa citizen
- The applicant must be in their second year of a full-time undergraduate degree course from an accredited and recognized University in South Africa
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing degrees in engineering, technology, finance, and legal courses
- Applying candidates have to obtain a minimum 65% average in their first year of degree
- The candidate has to maintain a minimum average of 65% for the renewal of the bursary
- The applicant must come from a disadvantaged background
How To Apply?
To apply for Pernod Ricard Bursary Programme, fill up the online application form here.
Candidates have to provide the following documents at the time of application form submission
- Certified copy of ID documents
- Matric certificate
- Complete academic transcripts
- Acceptance letter of proof of studying at the University, preferably on the letterhead of the institution
- Statement of academic costs including tuition, academic, test, accommodation and other related costs
- Income proof of guardian or parents (submission of affidavit for unemployed)
- Banking details of the applicant with expenses and income form
- A 500-word essay describing why the applicant should be considered for the Pernod Ricard bursary
The closing date of Pernod Ricard Bursary is 15 February 2023. Applications submitted after the given date will not be considered eligible for the bursary by the selection committee.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
To solve any query regarding the bursary, applicants can contact
Contact Page: https://www.pernod-ricard.com/en/contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/