Providing equal opportunities for education and ensuring that every talented individual builds a bright future for himself is the responsibility of a nation. Educated youth are the very foundation of a successful country and hence, they must be provided with all the required aid.
If you are a South African citizen, then you will find plenty of opportunities to pursue higher education and to study in the field of your choice with the help of bursaries. Pyrotec bursary is one of the bursaries that aim to provide the required help to deserving students who are passionate about their careers.
If you wish to know about this bursary, its terms and conditions, and other details then this article will be of great help.
Pyrotec is a future-oriented firm in South Africa that is renowned as a leading company in labeling, coding, and on-pack product identification solutions. Their services also include software provision to ensure product safety, optimize coding activities, manage and security of centralized data systems, label tracking, and so on.
The company was founded in the year 1966 and is a privately-owned firm that is a part of the industry for the last 50 years. The organization has spread its wings in the form of Pyrotec PackMark, Pyrotec PackMedia, Pyrotec Finance, and Pyrotec PackLink.
Its headquarters is situated in Cape Town along with centers in Western Cape, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal, and Eastern Cape. The distributary branches of the company are located in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
About Pyrotec Bursary Program
At Pyrotec, they believe in the power of education, as it can help to place a nation on the path of growth and development. Since education has the power to accelerate growth and eliminate poverty it can help Africa to match shoulders with the world.
To support and encourage the youth to pursue education, Pyrotec offers a bursary to students for the academic year 2024.
The bursary provides finances for the following expenses of the students;
- 100% of tuition/registration fees (paid directly to the University)
- The annual amount of R5, 000,00 towards textbooks is paid directly to students
- Accommodation expenses at the university hostel or private accommodation
- Transport allowance is granted to students
Eligibility Criteria For The Pyrotec Bursary
The following eligibility criteria must be met by students who wish to receive the bursary. Failure to meet the requirements will disqualify the application.
- Applicants must be a South African resident
- One should be an AA/EE candidate
- Applicant must be a first-year student
- One must score a minimum average of 70% overall
- Students must have a keen interest in studying one of the above-mentioned fields
How to Apply For The Pyrotec Bursary?
Applications must be submitted online at: Pyrotec Bursary Application 2024
To complete the bursary application, students must attach the following documents along with the application form.
- Certified ID proof
- Address proof for receiving transport allowance
- Letter of acceptance/registration from the University
- Motivation letter to convince the authorities that you deserve the bursary
- Grade 12 or highest qualification result (certified)
- Proof of costs incurred or estimated costs of accommodation, traveling, etc.
- Only those students whose residence is outside the city are eligible to receive transport allowance
- All the payments will be made only once a year
- Students not clearing any subject are required to pay for it
- Bursary recipients will be required to work at Pyrotec on a contractual basis
- No applications will be accepted after the closing date
- One must not hand deliver the form or submit the application in jpeg or word format
- If you do not get any response within 8 weeks of applying then you can consider your application unsuccessful
Closing Date Of The Pyrotec Bursary
The last date of application is 8 December 2023.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For further queries regarding this bursary program, please get in touch with the HR department of Pyrotec.
Tel: 021 787 9600
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/