South Africa’s ROSOND Diamond Drilling is a leading diamond drilling company. They are also involved in the industry’s gold, iron ore, and platinum mining sectors. ROSOND has expanded its activities over several decades and has provided support to the majority of renowned mining companies in South Africa. They have long-term agreements with prestigious mining firms including Anglo American, Implats, Kumba Iron Ore, Goldfields, and Sibanye, and have serviced the Anglo American Amandelbult Platinum mine for more than 20 years.
Rosond is engaged in grout pack support systems, cementation operations, pre-cementation of shafts, and underground mining development and exploration drilling.
Rosond Bursary 2023
To provide children in South Africa with opportunities, Rosond sponsors the Bursary Program. This program aims to help worthy students in the host towns who need financial aid.
For the year 2023, Rosond will award bursaries to applicants living in areas of Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, North-West, Limpopo, and Northern Cape provinces. The eligible fields are:
- Data Science
- Supply Chain
- Occupational Health and Safety
To apply for the bursary, applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements, failing which their applicants will get rejected:
- Your age must be between 18 and 28 years.
- First to third-year university students can apply.
- You must have a minimum average score of 50-60%.
- You must be a resident of the listed areas:
- Gauteng: City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality: Soweto, Ekurhuleni Local Municipality (Phomolong, Mayibuye, Rabie Ridge, Tembisa, Kaalfontein, Ivory Park, Klipfontein),
- West Rand District Municipality: Kagiso, Carletonville (Kokosi, Greens Park, Wedela, Bekkersdal, Simunye, Hillshaven, Poortjie, Glenharvie, Mohlakeng/Randfontein, Blybank)
- KwaZulu-Natal: Richards Bay, Sokhulu, Mbonambi, Dube
- Limpopo: Northam, Setaria, Regorogile, Rajputi, Rooiberg, Apiesdoring
- North West: Moses Kotane Municipality (Mogwase), Baphalane Villages (Phalane/Ramokoka, Bojating, Mantserre, Mmorogong, Phadi/ Pylkop, Tweelaagte), Local Bafokeng Villages (Chaneng, Bobua Mpya, Freedom Park, Kanana, Lefaragatlhe, Lesung, Luka/ Mogono, Luke South, Mafenya, Mabitse, Maika, Maile/ Diepkuil), Bakgatla Ba Kgafela Villages (Moruleng 0318, Lesetlheng 0374, Disake, Mokgalwaneng, Matlametlong, Ngweding, Ramoshi Botswana, Mopane, Kraalhoek)
- Northern Cape: Newtown, Boichoko, White City, Maranteng, Stasie, Postdene, Carrination, Groenwater, Danielskuil, Maremane, Janhaven, Skuyfontein, Griekwastad, Lewatle, Olifantshoek, Mapoteng, Kathu, Deben, Babatas
- You must study full-time in one of the above fields at an accredited university.
- You must have a valid Matric certificate.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Rosond Bursary 2023, applicants must submit the supporting documents through email:
In the email subject line, please mention: Rosond Bursary Application
No form has to be filled out to apply.
To apply for the bursary, applicants must submit clear copies of the following, failing which their applications will get rejected:
- A certified copy of your valid ID document
- Motivational letter supporting your bursary application
- Bank statements of household income
- Certified copies of academic records
- Certified copy of current financial statements from your institution (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Address proof showing the applicant is living in one of the above-mentioned areas.
- Registration proof of a tertiary institution
The last date to apply for the Rosond Bursary 2023 is 31 January 2023, after which applications will not be accepted.
To inquire further about the bursary programme, the applicants need to contact the following:
Phone: 011 310 1040
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/