About Royal Bafokeng Holdings
Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) is a community-owned Investment Holding Organization in South Africa and its sole shareholder is RBNDT (Royal Bafokeng Nation Development Trust).
Both RBNDT and RBH together are responsible for developing, and boosting the financial capital of the RBN (Royal Bafokeng Nation) – which is a progressive traditional community comprising 29 villages within the Rustenburg Valley.
It is a key mandate of RBN to safeguard and enhance RBN’s wealth and offer them a solid and predictable inter-generational income. This is how the company strives to fulfill all the developmental needs of people residing in these villages whilst also securing the financial capital for upcoming generations.
Founded in 2006, the company has invested R7.8 billion to improve the socio-economic condition of the RBN and bring about sustainable empowerment for the region.
Royal Bafokeng Holdings Bursary 2024
Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) invites candidates to apply for their tertiary bursary targeted toward accredited institutions of Higher Learning for 2024.
The bursaries will be awarded to students studying for a full-time degree qualification in any of the fields as follows:
- Accounting Sciences (CA- Chartered Accountant)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (CTA)
- Investment Management
- Bridging Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (BCTA)
- Data OR Computer Science
- The number of bursaries is limited.
- Bursaries will be distributed to successful candidates on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Students willing to apply for the Royal Bafokeng Holdings Bursary must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be unemployed
- Age must be less than 35 years
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside in any of the 29 villages within the Rustenburg Valley
- Must have passed Matric
- Must be willing or already studying at an accredited Public University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Must be willing to or already studying for a full-time course towards a degree in either of the fields listed above
- If you are an Undergraduate student, then must be entering 1st or 2nd year of studies in 2023
- Students pursuing Honors in the fields listed above must abide by the following criteria:
- Must enter 1st or 2nd year of Postgraduate studies (Honors Level)
- If studying currently, you must have achieved at least 65% of the overall average
- Must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the chosen degree
- Must NOT be getting any other bursary, or have loan or grant from NSFAS
Note: Getting two bursaries simultaneously is a serious offense. Hence, do NOT apply if you already have a bursary including NSFAS.
How to Apply?
Go to the following link and complete the given application form:
Students willing to apply for the Royal Bafokeng Holdings Bursary must submit the following documents:
- Certified copy of ID (NOT older than 3 months)
- Matric Certificate
- If applicable, certificates of completed degrees
- If currently studying, a copy of full academic results (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of Registration and Acceptance at an accredited Public University/University of Technology (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Latest tuition fee statement
- If in the second year, the tuition fee statement of last year
- If living in private accommodation, then Signed Lease Agreement
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of Residence (not older than 3 months)
- Motivational Letter that explains the following points:
- Details about yourself, your background, and your family
- Why did you choose this specific degree and what are your aspirations in taking this qualification further to build a career?
- Why do you deserve to win the RBH Bursary?
RBH will verify and vet the documents. Successful candidates will have to submit the ID documents of their parents/guardians.
The application deadline is 10 November 2023 at 23:59 SAST
RBH will directly contact successful students. If you do not receive any correspondence, then consider your application as unsuccessful.
For any queries related to the Royal Bafokeng Holdings Bursary, contact the following:
Recruiting Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide reference “Enquiry about 2024 RBH Bursary Programme”.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/