About Saaberie Chishty Society
The Saabri Silsila is a significant division of the Chishtiya order introduced to Asia by the illustrious Khwaja Gharibun-Nawaaz (Sheikh Sayed Muinuddin Hassan Sanjari R.A.), whose shrine in Rajasthan, India’s Ajmer Shareef, hosts the second-largest yearly assembly of Muslims in the world.
As a non-profit humanitarian organization, they have a responsibility to invest in the future of our nation, and the Zakaat Bursary Program makes sure that capable students do not miss out on funding.
Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary South Africa 2023
The Saaberie Chishty Society is inviting applications for the Zakaat Bursary Programme for the academic year 2023. The criteria for selection would depend on academic merit and courses. The bursary is open for students in any field in Zakaat. The following requirements are crucial:
- Either the learner or the learner’s daily qualifies for Zakaat.
- The candidate has the university acceptance certificate.
- The candidate does not have any other funding.
The bursary will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Books from approved bookstores only.
- Meals and accommodations only at the institution.
The bursary will not cover:
- Meals and accommodations outside the university.
- Travel costs
- Stationery and other costs
Additional support documents would be required to avail of these benefits.
To apply for the bursary, candidates must meet the following requirements. Failing which the applications may stand canceled:
- You must either be a citizen of South Africa or a foreign national with a study permit.
- You must be under the age of 30 years to apply.
- You must be an eligible candidate to use Zakaat funds or a Zakaatable.
- You must plan to study or currently study.
- You must study towards your first degree, and it should be the only degree you would study.
- You must belong to a poverty-stricken family (i.e., you have no means of payment, you are unemployed, your family has low-paying jobs, or you have insufficient funds). Read more about it here.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary South Africa 2023, candidates must fill out the application form here. Please note that:
- Applications containing incomplete information will be disqualified.
- The application is valid only for 2023.
Applications for the bursary must contain the following support documents, failing which the applications may stand disqualified:
- A certified copy of your matriculation qualifications or certificates.
- A certified copy of your ID and your parents/guardians or spouse’s ID.
- Full academic records if you’re currently studying.
- Proof of application and acceptance from the institution on the letterhead of the institution.
- Proof of household income (payslips and bank statements of 3 months).
- A motivational letter containing your introduction, background, accomplishments, what you will get, the reason for applying, achievements, and your dream profession.
- Any other document required by the SCYS.
- The committee will review and shortlist the applications.
- Selected applicants will get notifications through text or email.
- Those candidates will get a call for an interview process through phone, WhatsApp, or email, which will be in person at the Saaberie Chishty Offices or through Zoom/MS Teams.
- Applicants succeeding in the interview must send a bursary acceptance form and registration documents for payment processes.
- Payments will go to the institution or book supplier.
- They must submit their mid-year or final-year assessments to society.
The closing date for the Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary South Africa 2023 is 23 January 2023, after which applications will not be accepted.
To inquire more, please contact at the details below:
Phone: 011 854 3166
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/