SAFCOL stands for South African Forestry Company Limited which handles the operations related to the forestry industry in the following provinces:
- Manica (Mozambique)
- Sofala (Mozambique)
SAFCOL, the third-largest state-owned corporation in the nation, is in charge of making sure that the SAFCOL Group’s forests and other assets are maintained sustainably.
The company’s mandate calls for it to engage in forestry operations both domestically and abroad, including timber harvesting, timber processing, and related tasks.
SAFCOL Bursary 2023
SAFCOL is providing an opportunity for students in the upcoming academic year of 2023 to apply for the SAFCOL bursary programme.
Students with exceptional academic records and economically deficient will get priority for the bursary. The bursary is applicable for both postgraduate and undergraduate studies within the fields given below:
Qualifications related to forestry:
- Wood Science/Wood Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Plant production
- Electronic engineering
- Plant pathology
- Health and Safety Management
- Mechanical engineering
- Environmental Management
Qualifications related to support and management
- Business Management
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Internal Audit and ICT
- Human Resource Management
- Human Settle Development
The bursary will provide the following benefits:
- Registration fees.
- Learning material including textbooks, etc.
- Tuition fees.
- Meals for students.
- Accommodation facilities.
- A fixed stipend for every semester.
- After graduation, the bursary need to work for SAFCOL. The candidate will need to work for the same amount of time for which they received the bursary.
- SAFCOL will contact the final candidates within 30 days of the deadline for the application. If the applicant doesn’t receive any information by 7 November 2022, they should consider the application unsuccessful.
- The recipient of the bursary must not use it to pay any debt or loan which is already existing.
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary. You must meet all the requirements to qualify for the SAFCOL bursary 2023.
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- You must be enrolled in or have already completed high school.
- You must be pursuing a degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines full-time or have plans to do so in 2023.
- You must be enrolled in, or plan to enroll in, a South African higher institution that is recognised and accredited.
- You must be able to get admission to the institution of your choice.
- Priority will be given to kids living in communities near SAFCOL plantations communities socially associated with SAFCOL, students with disabilities, female students and formerly underprivileged students.
How to Apply?
The applicants must submit the applications via email. Candidates can download the application form here. SAFCOL Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
You must submit the application form along with the requisite documents through the email address: email@example.com
Note regarding the application form:
- You must fill out the application form in block letters.
- The form must be complete. If there is any missing or incorrect information, the application will be rejected.
- All the required individuals must sign the form.
- The forms must be sent via email only. Any other means will not be accepted.
You must submit all the below documents along with the application form. There should not be any missing or false documents or the application will not be considered.
- Certified copies of valid ID documents.
- Certified copy of recent Matric result or Matric certificate.
- Certified copies of academic records and transcripts.
- Proof of enrollment in the desired tertiary institution.
The application deadline is 14 October 2022. Candidates must complete the application before the deadline.
Candidates can reach out to SAFCOL directly for any queries regarding the bursary:
Learning and Development Unit
Portia (Bursary Administrator)
Telephone: 013 754 2700
Mobile: 083 679 4985
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/