SAIBPP Bursaries 2024
The SAIBPP Bursary Fund was created to enable access to tertiary education for aspiring and current students with financial need who are pursuing full-time studies in property or related studies. The bursary includes:
- Full tuition and registration fees for 1 (one) year (conditional renewal up to 4 years)
- Full accommodation in students residence administered by the university or an approved out of residence accommodation allowance, as determined by SAIBPP for an alternate accommodation
- Book allowance in an amount equivalent to the cost of any essential prescribed books required by the applicant in each academic year upon documentary proof from the Institution of their costs and that they prescribed and essential (up to maximum amount).
Bursaries will only be allocated for studies in commercial property-related qualifications as listed below;
- BSc Property Studies
- BSc Real Estate
- BSc Property Development
- BCom Honours Property Valuation and Management
- National Diploma Real Estate
- Finance (BCom) (majoring in Property Valuation and Management)
- Property Valuation and Management (BCom)
- Property Management (BSC)
- Property Studies (BSC)
- Real Estate (BSc)
About The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP)
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP) is a South African-based non-proﬂt professional association tasked with advocating for and facilitating transformation within the property sector and the built environment. Now in its 24lh year of existence. SAIBPP is a well—established organisation that has been instrumental in shaping key national policy pertaining to B-BBEE legislation and driving SMME development and skills development in the property sector and the built environment.
SAIBPP runs numerous programmes that focus on: skills development, enterprise development and policy formation including but not limited to: the SAIBPP x UCT Property Entrepreneurship Programme.
SAIBPP Bursary Fund, Vac-work and mentorship as well as various networking platforms and industry
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Grade 12 learners who are intending to enroll for their 1st year of full-time academic studies
- Matriculants who have passed with university exemption and are currently employed
- Students who are currently enrolled full-time in a South African tertiary institution for a relevant course of study.
- Willing to become a student member of SAIBPP and engage in community outreach.
- Proven record of academic performance & excellent academic results (in the case of current matriculants, final Grade 11 and June results will be required)
- Proof of ﬁnancial need
Prospective students should be studying or intend on studying at one of the following institutes:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Pretoria
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Or any other accredited tertiary institution within the Republic of South Africa where the above degree programmes are offered.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the SAIBPP Bursary Fund Application Form 2023. (pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID document.
- A certified copy of your grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric.
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric.
- A certified copy of your full tertiary academic record, if currently studying at the tertiary level.
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed: certified copy/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Submit your applications electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (“SAIBPP Bursary Application – Your Full Name” Insert the words in the email subject line).
Incomplete application form and documents will be rejected. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
15 December 2022
Please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered. If you have not received any response from SAIBPP within 1 month after the closing date, considered the application is unsuccessful.
Contact SAIBPP directly if you have any queries related to this bursary programme:
Or visit our website:
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/