Established in 1996, SA Improved Learning Institution or SAILI, provides various bursaries and scholarship opportunities to meritorious and hardworking students. SAILI also extends its support to high-performing schools by providing their best scholars to them.
The organization believes that Science and Mathematics are important for the economy of South Africa, and these are the subjects that can provide access to science and technology-based tertiary education in the country. SAILI also religiously contributes to the science and technology sectors of the country, aiming to improve socio-economic conditions of the country.
Since its establishment, SAILI has sent over 500 students towards tertiary education in Engineering, Science, Commerce, and Medicine. SAILI envisions supporting candidates in working sectors of state education. Successful candidates are referred to top schools to ensure their academic goals are reached.
The organization would not have been able to cater to the needs of deserving students if it had not been because of their amazing donors. These donors are an important component of the organization and also provide project development guidance, mentorship, learning assistance, and work-shadow opportunities to SAILI. Donors of SAILI include Kantey & Templer, Aurecon, Polyoak packaging, Coronation, Investec, and FutureGrowth Asset Management.
SAILI High School Bursary 2024
SAILI is awarding students bursaries for the upcoming academic year. This bursary will be awarded entering Grade 8 (high school) in the year 2024. The shortlisted candidates must be talented in Science and Mathematics and must need financial assistance.
The selected students will be able to pursue their education in one of the following partner schools of SAILI:
- Claremont High School
- Milnerton High School
- Rylands High School
- South Peninsula High School
- Bergvliet High School
- De Kuilen High School
- Pinelands High School
- Spine Road High School
- The Settlers High School
The scholarship offers various benefits, including:
- R12 000 per year school fees
- Tailored educational packages (textbook, stationery, any school-related expenses, and uniform); it will be R5300 per year
- Psychosocial and educational support as required
- Educational outings related to Science and Mathematics
- Workshops for learning supports
- Career planning
- Quarterly academic analysis
- Reflective learning report
Candidates have to apply for the partner schools and get selected for them.
Selected candidates will be contacted prior to 30 January 2023. If you do not receive any information on your application by this date, consider your application unsuccessful. There will be two rounds of interviews. The first is a Mathematics round, and upon successful completion, the second round acts as a screening round.
Shortlisted candidates must maintain a minimum aggregate of 60% and should take Science and Mathematics into the senior phase. Reports will be monitored at the end of each phase, and participation is a must for SAILI workshops.
Prior to applying for the SAILI bursary, you have to ensure you follow the following eligibility requirements
- The applying candidate must be in Grade 6 and entering Grade 7 in 2023
- The candidate must achieve Code 6 (70%) in Natural Science, English, and Mathematics in the Grade 6 Term 3 report.
- The gross monthly income of the applicant should not exceed R15 000
- The candidate has to apply to one of the mentioned partner schools in the academic year of 2024
- The applicant must be meritorious and hold a positive attitude toward learning
How To Apply?
To apply for the bursary, click on the application form here.
To ensure the successful application of your candidature, the following documents are essential
- Certified copy of your birth certificate
- Term 3 report of Grade 6
- Proof of income of guardians or parents (If employed, latest payslips; if informally employed/ unemployed, affidavit; if applicable, pension or grant proof)
- An essay explaining why you are a good candidate for the scholarship, how the scholarship will impact you, highlighting your strength, achievements, challenges, role model, involvement in community and school
The closing date for SAILI High School Bursary 2024 is 9 January 2023. You must submit the application within the deadline to qualify for the bursary.
To solve any query, contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/