About the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL)
SANRAL is a statutory company that functions within the parameters of the South African National Roads Agency Limited and National Roads Act of 1998. The company’s core responsibility is meeting the country’s demand for road infrastructure while maintaining that which already exists.
The company takes its environmental responsibility seriously, factoring sustainability and eco-friendly approaches to roadbuilding into its plans. Since its inception, SANRAL has played a critical role in relieving congestion in South Africa’s major cities and expanding existing freeway routes, such as the N1 and N3, to meet growing demand. The company prides itself in investing in human capital through assisting tertiary institution students financially.
SANRAL High School Scholarship Programme
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL) is committed to contributing to development of the youth of South Africa through investment in education. SANRAL’s investment model for skills starts with development and support through our scholarship programme.
This year SANRAL scholarships are available to all high school learners, i.e. from Grade 8 to Grade 12, irrespective of subject choice. These scholarships will be awarded to learners who aspire for all-around academic excellence and have an overall aggregate of 60%. The scholarships are granted based on academic merit and financial need.
SANRAL scholarship also offers:
- Learner support programme to help learners prepare for intense studying and academic success.
- Holistic support that includes career information and guidance in their desired fields of study.
- Psychological counselling, career coaching, extra classes and exam preparation based on a learner needs assessment.
The SANRAL scholarship is for students who perform substantially well in their academics. Interested students don’t have to have an exact career path in mind. The scholarship covers
- Tuition costs will be paid directly to the school on the submission of school fees statements.
- School and sport uniforms, books and stationery costs will be reimbursed to parents on receipt of an original proof of payment which should be submitted with a claim form.
- Where a full scholarship is awarded, scholarship holders are not allowed to have any other funding that covers their school fees.
SANRAL Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
The scholarship is for applicants on the basis of their financial situation and academic abilities. SANRAL places more preference for those who study in rural schools. Aside from this, interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- The learner must be a South African citizen registered at an endorsed South African school.
- The learner must be in high school, Grade 8 to 12, irrespective of subject choice.
- The learner must meet the minimum requirement of a 60% overall average.
- The scholarship application must be completed in full. All supporting documents must be enclosed.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications must be submitted online at: SANRAL High School Scholarship 2024
Applicants must submit clear copies of the following documents together with the accomplished application form.
Letters Of Motivation:
- By your parents
- By yourself (2 pages) telling about yourself and motivate why you would like to become a SANRAL scholarship holder
- Motivation and support letter from your school.
Certified Copies Of:
- Your June results
- Your ID document or birth certificate (must be South African citizen)
- Your parents’ ID documents.
Proof Of Residence:
- Your parents’/guardians’ water and electricity bill from the local council.
- Proof of income / sworn affidavit (if parents are self-employed in the informal sector or they work from home, you must submit an affidavit on the amount that they earn).
If any of these documents aren’t submitted, the application will get disregarded.
30 September 2023
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the SANRAL directly:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/