SASSETA (Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority) was created to provide training and education for the South African security and safety sector. As an authority, SASSETA is committed to providing opportunities for continuous learning in the security and safety industry as well as skills transfer and development.
SSASETA is one of 21 SETAs in South Africa. These are organizations that offer vocational skills training. A SETA is responsible for establishing and managing programmes in particular industries and occupations, such as apprenticeships, internships, skill programmes, and learnerships within its jurisdiction.
SASSETA Bursary 2022
Application from interested students is invited by SASSETA to apply for the first Funding Window bursary for the Discretionary Grants, for the academic year 2022. A total of 230 students will be awarded the bursaries for studies in the field of:
- IT Related Programmes
- Clinical Social Work
- Paralegal Studies
- Security Management
- Any other study fields as listed in the National List of Highly Demanding Occupations published in 2020 (.pdf) (The occupations listed there are those with relatively high future employment growth that it is currently in demand and shows strong employment growth in the past, present and future. The 2020 OIHD list includes 345 occupations in total.)
Under this bursary, coverage is provided for the following values:
- R80 000 will be provided per student per year for full-time studies and will cover the following expenses: textbooks, tuition fees, university-approved or on-campus accommodation with meals.
- R35 000 will be provided per student for distance learning or part-time studies and will cover the following expenses: textbooks and tuition fees.
The bursary is awarded only for one academic year at a time and can be renewed every year (to cover the complete study programme duration), but on terms that the recipient of the bursary must pass at least 60% of all their modules that including major subject too.
Before applying, candidates must meet the following minimum entry requirements. Note that you will not be considered if you do not meet all of the requirements:
- Applicants must be citizens of South Africa
- It is required that you are between the age of 18 and 35 years
- Applicants must have completed their matriculation
- In order to study within the fields listed above, you must be enrolled or registered for study in that field
- Students at recognized and accredited public universities or TVET colleges in South Africa must apply (students from private institutions can only apply if their course isn’t offered by a public institution).
- The income of your household must not be more than R600000 p.a.
- Applicants must be unemployed at the time of application
- You must not be participating in any other programme funded by SASSETA (including any skill programme, learnership, or internship) in the financial year 2022 – 2023.
- There will be a preference for: female students, students with disabilities, and students not receiving other bursaries or NSFAS funds.
How to Apply?
Applicants need to download the pdf SASSETA Bursary Application Form 2022 and complete it.
You must submit your application via email by sending it to: email@example.com
In the email subject line, write “SASSETA Bursary Application“
Before applying, please read the SASSETA bursary policy for the year 2021 to 2023 for complete details.
Along with your completed application form, please add copies of the following documents. It is compulsory to submit all the documents. Applications with missing documents will not be considered for the bursary programme.
- A certified copy of your ID (no older than six months old)
- Certified copy of the matriculation certificate or result statements
- Proof of registration at a South African University for the academic year 2022 (on letterhead of the institution)
- Identification documents for parents and guardians (certified copies)
- Proof of income or parents or guardians (the most recent payslips if employed, an affidavit in the event of unemployment or self-employment, proof of grant or pension if applicable).
Closing Date Of The SASSETA Bursary
The application deadline is 14 April 2022. Application materials received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not submit your application after the closing date.
SASSETA can be contacted directly for more information on this bursary program:
Tel: 011 087 5556 / 011 087 5555 / 011 087 5623
Email id: DG2022FW1@sasseta.org.za
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/