About Sea Harvest Foundation
The Sea Harvest Group was established in 1964 in Saldanha Bay and is an internationally recognized fishing and food business operating in South Africa and Australia as well as retail and food services in 22 countries. Pescanova, a Spanish-owned company joined forces with Southern Sea Fishing Enterprises and Imperial Cold Storage (ICS) to form Sea Harvest. Sea Harvest is a Level 2 B-BBEE contributor and one of the largest empowered companies in its sector, having Brimstone Investment Corporation Limited as the major shareholder. Brimstone first invested in Sea Harvest in 1998 and acquired control in 2009.
Sea Harvest Foundation Bursaries
The Sea Harvest Foundation bursary is now inviting potential applicants with good academic records and are permanent residents within the Saldanha Bay Municipal area.
The bursary will support tertiary students who wish to pursue any degree/diploma that will contribute to the development of local communities within the company’s operation.
The programme will be offered to those students that are able to prove themselves in accordance to merit and qualification, however, preference will be given to the Sea Harvest employees’ children.
Sea Harvest Foundation Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Excellent academic record
- Saldanha Bay Municipal area residents
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan to study towards a Degree or Diploma qualification
- Children of Sea Harvest employees will be given preference
How to Apply
- Complete pages 2 to 4 of the Sea Harvest bursary application form (pdf)
- Include the following documents with your application:
- ID document
- Parents/ guardians ID documents
- Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric
- University acceptance letter
- Matric certificate if completed Matric
- Full academic record if currently at tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of income
- SASSA letter, if any of family members are social grantees
- Signed affidavit, if parent/guardian works as an informal trader
- Death certificate, if parents are deceased
- Divorce decree, if parents are divorced
- Send your applications through any of the following methods:
- Hand delivery: Sea Harvest Administration Building, Government Jetty, Saldanha Road, Saldanha
- Post: Sea Harvest Bursary Programme, P O Box 52, Saldanha, 7395
- Email: CarinT@SeaHarvest.co.za
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Address: 1st Floor, Block C, Boulevard Office Park Searle Street, Woodstock, South Africa, 7925
Post: PO Box 761, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000
Tel: +27 21 468 7900
Fax: +27 21 465 5883