Seriti is a large mining company in South Africa. Masimong Group, Thebe Investments, Zungu Investments (Zico), and Community Investment Holdings are four black anchor shareholders who jointly own 91% of the shares of Seriti.
The company is led by a board and management team that collectively have considerable and pertinent experience in the purchase, operation, and development of large-scale coal operations in the nation.
To purchase the New Vaal, New Denmark, and Kriel mines from Anglo American as well as numerous life extension coal resources and closed collieries, Seriti was founded in April 2017. On June 1, 2021, Seriti purchased South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) from South32.
Seriti Bursaries 2023
The Seriti Bursaries 2023 are open for the academic year of 2023. Students from the following fields may apply:
- Final year corporate or community relations and public relations degrees (final year students)
- Electrical and mechanical engineering related degrees (2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students)
- Bsc and BTech in Environment (final year students)
- Finance/ Commerce in finance (2nd year students)
- BSc or Btech in Geology (Honors students)
- Human Resources or Labor law degrees (2nd year bachelor’s students)
- Occupational hygiene like mining or BTech in engineering (final year students)
- Metallurgy/ Chemical engineering (2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students)
- Survey/ Mine surveying (final year students)
- Rock Engineering/ BEng Tech (final year/ honors students)
The bursaries will cover:
- Book allowance
- Full tuition fees
- Meal allowance
- Accommodation allowance
Please note that the bursaries will not cover your failed modules from the previous year or outstanding tuition fees including any other interest charges.
The bursaries are subject to certain conditions that are:
- You must pass all your studies.
- You must take part in vocational work in case required.
- You must follow the work-back obligation after you graduate.
- Preference will be given to students belonging to the Seriti community.
- You must not be receiving any other sponsorship or bursary.
To be eligible for the bursary, make sure you fit the following criteria, failure to which your applications will be rejected.
- You must hold South African citizenship.
- You must possess a Matric certificate.
- You must have an interest in one of the aforementioned fields.
- You must be in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or Honors of your degree.
- You must be in a tertiary recognized university in South Africa.
- You must have at least 60% in your current degree.
- You must not plan to do a foundation program.
- The following criteria are optional, but it is favorable:
- Part-time work experience
- Knowledge of the mining industry. You should be able to understand all relevant legislation also.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Seriti Bursaries 2023, students must fill out the online application form here. Please note that applications sent by post or mail will not be accepted.
Please note the reference number: VAR122/22GS.
To apply for the bursaries, students must submit the following documents, failure to which their applications will stand canceled.
- A certified copy of your ID document.
- A certified record of your academic records for the academic year 2022
- Your CV (in pdf format)
- Registration proof at the university (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Residence proof.
Note: When applying online, please use Chrome browser to get the document attachment option. All the documents must have been certified for not more than 3 months.
To apply for the Seriti Bursaries 2023, fill out the application forms by 20 January 2023. Applications sent after that shall stand canceled.
To inquire about the bursary programme, contact Seriti at:
Phone: 011 047 7000
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/