About Sibona Ilanga Trust
Formed as a community trust, the purpose of the Sibona Ilanga Trust was to provide public welfare activities within a 50-kilometer radius of De Aar Solar Power. 8% of the De Aar Solar Power is owned by the Sibona Ilanaga Trust.
To date, Sibona Ilanga Trust has provided more than 63 bursaries till date worth a total value of R5.9 billion. For the upcoming academic year, the monetary fund is supposed to be increased by R2.5 billion further.
Sibona Ilanga Trust provides necessary resources and funding to organizations that help improve social cohesion and promote resilience within the communities of South Africa. The purpose of the Trust includes managing social inequalities, funding different programs and enabling access to different resources that will help in boosting the quality of life for different disadvantaged societies of South Africa.
Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary 2024
Sibona Ilanga Trust is awarding bursaries to students from the Northern Cape Province. Any student who resides within a 50-kilometer radius of the De Aar Solar Power plant, pursuing any field of degree is eligible for the bursary. The bursary will be provided on the basis of two criteria i.e., financial need and academic merit.
The bursary value will depend on the individual. It usually covers the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Examination fees
- Learning materials including stationery and textbooks
- Accommodation in tertiary residence
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for the Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen of age 35 years or younger
- The candidate must reside within 50 kilometers radius of De Aar Solar Power Plant
- Should be accepted or studying in a private or publicly recognized and accredited tertiary educational institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology, or TVET college)
- The applicant must follow one of the following categories:
- Completed NTC or NSC and not studying currently
- Studying toward NQF level 4 (technical, vocational education or training program)
- Pursuing a degree or national diploma programme
- The applicant must have proven financial requirement
How To Apply?
To start the online application process: Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary Application 2024.
The applicants will receive a confirmation email and later an email stating their provisional outcome. The provisional results are likely not to come out before December 21, 2023.
The shortlisted candidates will then be requested to submit their final NSC/ Matric results.
The documents required for registering for the Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary are:
- A certified copy of your ID documents
- Residential address proof
- If currently in Matric, then latest prelims result and if completed Matric examination, then matric certificate or NSC (certified copy)
- Proof of total monthly household income of parents or guardians. It can include if employed, the latest payslips; if unemployed, then an affidavit; and if applicable, then proof of pension or grant can be submitted as well
The application deadline is 31 October 2023. Applicants must submit the application within the given date.
If you are facing any difficulty regarding the Sibona Ilanga Trust bursary, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/