Sishen Iron Ore is a Pretoria based metal ore mining industry known for the supply of high-quality iron ore. It contributes to the steel industry because it attributes its source from the Kumba Iron Ore Company. The two work together in creating quality steel products used in ships, buildings, making automobiles, and creating locomotives.
The branch of Kumba Iron Ore Limited is a community development trust that focuses on building the lives of those around it. It is why it offers the SIOC-CDT Bursary since 2006 to help the disadvantaged students living around the company achieve their educational dreams.
The SIOC-CDT Bursary 2024
SIOC-CDT Bursary offers underprivileged students living in the areas around the company financial aid to cater to their studies. It focuses on those pursuing the following fields of study in any institution across South Africa.
- Agriculture with specialization in Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural engineer food technologist/ Environmental officer/ Food technician/ Livestock product analyst/ Veterinarian.
- Business Management and Economics with specialization in Accounting / Economics / Auditing and Tax / Actuarial Science / Statistics and mathematics / Project Management
- Education with specialization in BEd. FET Mathematics / BEd. FET Physical science / BEd. Natural sciences / Economic and Management Science / BEd. Foundation Phase / BEd. Language / BEd. Special Needs.
- Engineering and Science with specialization in Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering / Architecture / Geology / Electrical Engineering / Town planning / Environmental health
- Health and Clinical Related Sciences with specialization in MBChB / Pharmacy / Dentistry / Advanced EMS / Nursing / Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab sciences / Biochemistry.
- Health with specialization in Advanced EMS/ Dentistry/ MBChB/ Nursing/ Pharmacy.
- Information Technology with a specialization in Computer Sciences and communication / Software Development / Data Science / Analytics / Web design and development
- Law with specialization in LLB.
- Tourism with specialization in Hospitality Management / Arts and Culture Heritage / Ecotourism
The bursary covers the cost of some of the following expenses in addition to catering for your tuition fees.
- Registration fees
- The cost of prescribed study materials
- The cost of accommodation
- A monthly stipend
Within no time, shortlisted candidates receive feedback. They are then required to attend panel interviews.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Qualified applicants must satisfy some of the following minimum application requirements for the consideration of their application. Failure to meet any of these leads to the disregard of your application.
- South African citizen.
- Residing in Ga-Segonyana/ Gamagara/ Joe Morolong/ Thabazimbi/ Tsantsabane.
- You must not be above 35 years old.
- You must be a student currently studying Matric.
- You must have earned a minimum of 65% in your latest academic results.
- You must study or intend to begin your studies in any of the above fields.
- You should be ready to begin studying at an accredited South African institution.
- You must have a lower household income to prove your need for financial assistance.
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Once you meet the above requirements, you have two options to submit the application. You can submit the application form by following one of the ways below:
- Apply online at SIOC-CDT Bursary Application 2024
- Download and complete the SIOC-CDT Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
- Collect the form at our SIOC-CDT offices in Kathu or Thabazimbi Hub; or
- Collect the form at the nearest circuit office of the Department of Education
Ensure you fill out every detail before submitting it and attach the following documents. Failure to include any of the results to the disregard of your application.
- Provide a certified copy of your ID document.
- You must provide a certified copy of your Matric results for June.
- You must include a document to prove your acceptance to study at an accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (University/TVET/FET College).
- If you are a person with a disability, ensure to include a medical note to show and explain the type of disability.
- Ensure you include a written letter on a single page explaining why you deserve the bursary.
- You must provide your household proof of income.
- You must include a document to prove your area or residence.
After completing the above procedure, submit the application form through any of these means.
Deliver it personally at:
SIOC-CDT Office Park,
Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads,
Thabazimbi Business Hub
11 Jourdan Street, Mollies Building
10 January 2024 (at 12:00 PM)
Address: SIOC-CDT Office Park, Cnr Hendrick Van Eck, and Ian Flemming Roads, Kathu, 8446 or GT-CDT Office Park, 11 Jourdan Street, Thabazimbi, 0380.
Telephone Number: +27 53 723 1116 or +27 53 723 1479
E-mail Address: email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/