About Solar Capital
Solar Capital is a company focused on creating sustainability through affordable solar electricity. The company works in collaboration with Phelan Energy and is engaged in innovating, researching, and developing solar energy technologies. Keeping its focus on producing cost-effective energy, the company always prioritizes the quality of its products.
Solar Capital’s vision is to be one of the world’s best cost-efficient solar energy producers, The company doesn’t limit its contribution to constructing solar farms but also endeavours to work for the betterment of the community. The company is carrying out several projects to develop a skilled workforce of talented individuals and to generate better job opportunities for creating a sustainable future for all.
Solar Capital Bursary 2024
Solar Capital is actively involved in empowering the community through educational support, job opportunities, economic development and social stability initiatives. Their Solar Capital Bursary for 2024 is designed to cultivate a positive change by promoting excellence in tertiary education.
The Solar Capital Bursary is available just for learners from the towns of Nieuwoudtville, Loeriesfontein, Calvinia or Brandvlei in the Hantam District of South Africa.
The bursary will cover the following study expenses of the selected candidates for the year 2024 of their study program:
- Tuition fees
- Residential Rent (for the institution residence or personal residence)
- Books or study material
- A laptop
- Transportation expenses
- Living expenses
Individuals fulfilling the outlined conditions are eligible to apply for the bursary:
- Learners who are South African citizens
- Learners residing in any of these 4 towns of the Hantam District, South Africa:
- Learners pursuing tertiary education study program (degree/diploma or equivalent qualification) in 2024 (Undergrad/Honours/ Masters/Doctoral don’t qualify for this bursary)
- Learners pursuing tertiary education in a DHET/SAQA-recognized South African public university or institute and have been accepted for registration in 2024
- Learners planning to pursue full-time studies to complete the qualification they’ve applied for
- Learners either in a gap year after Matric in 2022 or a current student of Matric in 2023
- Learners belonging to any BBBEE Race (black, Indian etc.) are preferred for the bursary
- Learners passionate about renewable energy are preferred for the bursary
- Learners who are unemployed and not planning to work full-time or part-time in 2024 are preferred for the bursary
The bursary is offered only for studies leading to tertiary certificates, diplomas, degrees NQF rated (National Qualifications Framework) qualifications or equivalent, but it’s not for those currently pursuing any Postgraduate, Masters or PhD study programs.
How to Apply?
To apply for the bursary please visit their website and click on the “Click Here to Apply” button to fill out their online application form.
Please make sure to fill out the form completely and accurately to be considered for the bursary.
Also don’t forget to upload the certified copies of all the required documents.
Solar Capital will send you a confirmation email upon receiving your application.
Shortlisted candidates will receive an interview invitation.
Kindly attach the following documents when submitting the bursary application form:
- Learner’s South African National ID document (certified copy)
- National ID document of Parents or guardian
- A copy of acceptance letter from the institution where you want to pursue your studies in 2024
- Learner’s Resume (if any work experience)
- Learners who are currently in Matric in 2023 must submit their Grade 12, 2nd Term Result stamped by their school.
- Learners who are currently in a Gap Year after Matric in 2022 must submit a certified copy of their Matric certificate.
- Proof of the Financial status of the Learner’s family in the form of these documents (whichever is applicable)
- A letter from SASSA
- Last 3 months’ Salary Slips of the learner’s parents or guardian
- An affidavit from the parents or guardian for being unemployed
- Learners with a disability must submit a letter from their doctor and the Department of Labour Employment Equity Act (EEA1)
- Learners who are already receiving any other bursary or NSFAS must submit a letter of approval or the offer
- Learners who are under the age of 18 must submit a parent’s consent form which can be downloaded from the Solar Capital
The deadline for submission of the bursary application is Monday, 15 January 2024 at noon. Please ensure that your application has been submitted by this time.
You can contact the Solar Capital office at 021 433 0366 for any queries regarding the bursary.
Send them an email at email@example.com
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/