The SARB safeguards the currency’s value to keep the South African economy healthy, sustainable and growing. It manages the nationwide payment platform; restricts and governs banking firms; acts as a government banker; acts as a lender in exceptional cases to provide liquidity assistance; and administers the nation’s residual currency exchange control mechanisms.
The Constitution clearly states that the Bank has both independence and autonomy. To accomplish its monetary policy objective, the SARB is free to deploy any of the available monetary policy tools. Government, however, is in charge of choosing a monetary policy objective.
SARB Art Scholarship 2023
The SARB is accepting applications for the SARB Art Scholarship 2023 for the academic year 2023. These scholarships are fully funded for fine arts students in the following fields:
- Advanced fine arts diploma, which follows a three-year undergraduate diploma.
- Masters in Fine Arts.
- Fine Arts honors with a three-year undergraduate degree program.
- Final year students of a four-year undergraduate program.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements, failing which the applications may stand canceled.
- You must be a living citizen of South Africa.
- You must plan to study or enroll to study in one of the aforementioned programs in an accredited tertiary South African college.
How to Apply?
To apply for the SARB Art Scholarship 2023, the applicants need to download and fill out the Full Art Scholarship Application Form. (pdf)
Please note that this form is the only source to apply for the scholarship.
The candidates must submit clear copies of the following documents in a pdf to SARB-ART@resbank.co.za, to apply for the scholarship programme, failing which their applications may get revoked:
- Fully filled application form.
- 6-8 artworks made in 2022.
- Academic transcripts for the year 2022.
- A certified copy of your IDs.
- An artistic statement (in not more than 300 words) describing you, your passion for art and why you deserve to be selected for the scholarship, and why there is a need for financial assistance for the same.
Note: Please mention “SARB Art Scholarship 2023” in your email subject while sending the above documents.
The last date to apply for the SARB Art Scholarship 2023 is 27 January 2023. Please submit your applications before the deadline.
To inquire more about the scholarship programme, applicants can contact:
Name: Mpho Mtimkulu
Phone: 012 313 3526
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/