About South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
South African Reserve Bank or SARB is the central bank of South Africa established in 1921. The main aim of the bank is to provide sustainability and economic growth for the country.
Before the establishment of the South African Reserve Bank, commercial banks of South Africa issued notes to the public. The SARB is responsible for the financial system in South Africa.
The SARB ensures the banking, monetary and financial system of South Africa achieves the required community conditions. It also remains abreast with the latest international developments. It helps the South African government and other economic community members with data regarding macroeconomic policies. Also, it reports feedback about monetary policies and financial standing to international stakeholders and the South African community.
SARB aims to address and combat the skills shortage in South Africa. Several external bursaries and scholarships are made available annually to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds and improve prospective job opportunities for the youth of South Africa.
The South African Reserve Bank serves the economic well-being of South Africa and ensures stability for the banking sector and the global financial system.
South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Scholarship 2023
In association with the Data Science Academic Committee of the National Graduate Academy for Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (NGA(MaSS)), South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is awarding scholarships to students pursuing Master’s degree courses in financial analytics, artificial intelligence, data science and machine learning.
To avail of the scholarship, acceptance into one of the following Master’s programs will be considered:
- North-West University (NWU): MSc (Business/ Informatics/ Mathematics)
- University of the Witwatersrand (Wits)/ NWU/ University of Venda/ University of Limpopo/ University of Pretoria (UP)/ Sol Plaatje University: MSc (eScience)
- Stellenbosch University: MSc (Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence) or MComm (Financial Risk Management)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal: MSc (Data Science)
- UP: MIT (Big Data Science)/ MComm (Advanced Data Analytics)
- University of Cape Town: Master’s degree (Analytics/ Data Science)
The scholarship recipients must submit their final examination results by 31st December 2022 for evaluation by the committee.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship programme.
- Must be a South African citizen with age under 35 years
- The applying candidate must receive provisional acceptance into one of the above-mentioned Master’s Programs
- The module selected by the candidate must include a financial analytical topic
- The applicant should have completed an Honours degree with a minimum average of 65%
- The candidate must be pursuing or intends to pursue education full-time in one of the selected universities
- The candidate is required to attend specific workshops as required by NGA(MaSS) and the SARB.
How To Apply?
To apply for the SARB scholarship, click on the online application link here.
Candidates will need to register with an account and then log in and apply. Use the promotional code “SARVA DSM23” during registration.
Successful applicants will need to be available for interviews. And the finalists will need to sign an agreement with the South African Reserve Bank.
The applicants need to submit the following mandatory documents for registering for the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Scholarship 2023.
- Certified copy of ID documents
- Latest exam results on university letterheads
- Statement of result or honours degree certificate on the institute’s letterhead.
- Proof of acceptance in one of the approved universities with details of admission (student’s number) on the letterhead of the institution.
The closing date for the scholarship is 31 October 2022. Candidates must apply within the given date.
If you get any difficulty regarding the SARB Scholarship 2023, you can contact
Tel: 011 258 4464
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/