About Spirit Education Foundation
Based in Cape Town, South Africa, The Spirit Education Foundation (SEF) is a non-profit organization that awards educational scholarships to high school learners in the Western Cape who are financially disadvantaged. The main objective of SEF is to build a powerful nation by funding high school students at a time and supporting them financially and emotionally whilst offering skills development, mentorship, and upliftment programmes.
Further, SEF’s mentorship programme motivates students to do well academically and in all other aspects of their learning, promoting community awareness, creativity, leadership, etc.
Spirit Education Foundation Trust High School Scholarship 2024
The Spirit Education Foundation is offering annual scholarships to deserving students for the academic year 2025. It is intended for students currently in Grade 6 in 2023 that will be entering Grade 8 in the year 2025 to study in either of the Spirit Education Foundation’s Partner High Schools as follows:
- Bergvliet High School, Bergvliet
- Groote Schuur High School, Newlands
- Claremont High School, Claremont
- Westerford High School, Rondebosch
- South Peninsula High School, Diep River
- Cape Academy of Mathematics, Science and Technology (Firgrove Way, Constantia)
- Pinelands High School, Pinelands
- Zwaanswyk High School, Retreat
- Wynberg Boys High School, Wynberg
- Wynberg Girls High School, Wynberg
On average, the SEF offers a total of 20 scholarships on average for Grade 8 learners every year, at specific high schools across Cape Town, South Africa.
The Financial Support in Spirit Scholarship will cover:
- Payment for academic support
- High School fees
- Contribution to school uniform
- Payment for subject-specific stationery (such as art supplies, EGD, etc.)
- Contribution to stationery requirements
- SEF may consider needs-based contributions for those in higher grades on an individual basis.
Spirit Education Foundation’s mentor programme offers one-on-one interaction sessions creating an enrichment support plan to cater to student’s specific needs. Intentional and individual interactions promote a proactive approach so the Foundation can reach them wherever they are. The Foundation consistently meets with the students, their schools, and parents for a holistic approach and to assist them in their academics, skills development, and emotional health whilst building a strong relationship with them.
- SEF does not apply to Schools on behalf of the applicants. Parents/Guardians must apply at the respective schools.
- SEF only offers Scholarships for students enrolled at the partner high schools listed above. However, parents and students must apply to as many high schools as they can. Because applying for the scholarship does not mean it will be 100% successful.
- SEF will not reserve the place for students. It is the responsibility of the students and parents to make sure to follow the Western Cape Government application process.
- Acceptance at one of the SEF Partner High Schools does not automatically guarantee a SEF Scholarship.
- SEF will cover school fees for 5 consecutive High School years at the school where the SEF Scholarship is awarded, provided the students uphold the Spirit’s Code of Conduct.
- SEF will NOT cover accommodation costs.
- If the student opts out of the scholarship programme or no longer wants to study at the SEF Partnership High School where the Scholarship is awarded, SEF reserves the right to pass on the scholarship to another deserving student with prejudice.
Students willing to apply for the Spirit Education Foundation High School Scholarship must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be in Grade 6 in the year 2023, entering Grade 8 in the year 2025.
- Must have scored a Code 6 or above in their Grade 6 Term 2 academic results in Natural Science, Home Language, and Mathematics subjects.
- Before deductions, total household income must be less than R20 000 per month
- Must intend to study at one of the Spirit Education Foundation’s partner High Schools as listed above in the year 2025.
How to Apply?
Students must complete the application form for the Spirit Education Foundation High School Scholarship for Grade 8 in 2025 via the following links:
Online Application: SEF High School Scholarship Application Form for Grade 8 in 2025
Download PDF Application Document Here: SEF High School Scholarship Form for Grade 8 in 2025 PDF
If you download the PDF application form, you must complete the form, and send it via email to email@example.com
Spirit Education Foundation’s staff will examine the application forms and the shortlisted students will be called for further selection process.
Students must send the following documentation to SEF:
- Passport/Birth Certificate for South African Citizens
- Study Permit for Foreign Nationals
- Grade 6 Term 2 or Term 3 Academic Reports
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Income Parents/Guardian 1 and Guardian 2 (Payslip, 3-month Bank Statements, SASSA Grant letter (not card), Employer Letter)
- ID Passport Documents of Parents/Guardian 1 and 2
- Students must write a well-structured application Essay on: If you were granted R1 million, what would you do with the money? Why? (Maximum 500 words).
You must send the above documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 January 2024.
Note: An incomplete application form or missing documents will result in your application form being NOT considered.
The application deadline is 30 November 2023.
If you have not received any correspondence from the SEF by 30 January 2024, consider your application unsuccessful.
Queries related to the SEF High School Scholarship must be directed to:
Tel: 021 795 5199
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/