About The FirstRand Foundation
FirstRand Limited established the FirstRand Foundation in the year 1998 as its legal vehicle. Through this foundation, its major franchises like WesBank, RMB and FNB directed their individual and collective corporate social investment.
The FirstRand Foundation makes donations to public benefit organisations while the FirstRand Educational Trust makes donations to educational projects and institutions. FirstRand Foundation has been one of the foremost corporate social investors and knowledge collaborators over the past 20 years. They have committed to contributing to the development of a better South Africa through capacity building, mainstreaming disability, knowledge sharing and leveraging partnerships.
FirstRand Foundation’s community development consists of investment in the creative economy, the green economy, food security and agriculture livelihoods, education and many other sectors.
The FirstRand Foundation Trust Undergraduate Bursary 2024
The FirstRand Foundation Trust Undergraduate Bursary for the upcoming study year is now open for applicants. It funds degree programmes for the disciplines of commerce, engineering, science and technology. These disciplines are further segregated into the following majors:
- Commerce: Financial Management, Economics, Law, Accounting, Risk.
- Engineering: All specialisations.
- Science: Statistics, Electronics, Physics, Climate sciences, Indigenous knowledge systems, Actuarial science, Society and sustainability, Data science, Mathematical sciences, Renewable energy, Biosciences, Environmental sciences and Agricultural sciences.
- Technology: Information science, Business information systems, Information management, Information systems, Computer science and Information technology.
The bursary will also cover the tuition fees, learning resources, accommodation and meals, a monthly stipend and a computer for the first-year students.
The Trust will maintain constant interaction with students, some of which are as follows:
- Invitation to FirstRand Offices
- Vacation Work
- On-campus interactions with FirstRand personnel
- Think Tank
- Transportation between the campus and the provincial headquarters for students
- Driver’s License
The Trust awards the bursary to students who meet the following criteria:
- You must be a Black South African citizen
- You must not be older than 21 years in your first year of study
- You must have applied for and you have been provisionally admitted into a South African public traditional university for full-time studies in the degrees stated above
- You must have obtained a minimum of level 5 for Mathematics in Grade 12
- You must belong to the missing middle and should be able to prove that your combined annual gross family income is in the slab of R350,000 and R600,000.
- You must be currently in Grade 12 or you have completed Grade 12 not more than 3 years ago.
How to Apply?
You must complete the application procedure on StudyTrust’s online application platform. You can apply by submitting the online application form.
Applicants must read the Study Trust Bursary Applications Page before applying.
The applicants should submit the following list of documents along with the application:
- Your ID copy or Refugee permit
- A signed consent form. If you do not have a consent form, you can download it from the official address mentioned above.
- Your parents’ proofs of income or death certificate, whichever is applicable
- Your guardian’s proof of income, if applicable
- Your profile picture
- Your proof of acceptance or registration
- Your proof of address
- Your full academic record, if applicable
You should apply for the bursaries for 2024 before 15 November 2023 (extension). If you do not submit the application on or before the given date, then the Trust will not consider your application.
StudyTrust manages many bursaries and scholarships on behalf of foundations, corporate and private donors and trusts. As StudyTrust is the administrator for the FirstRand Foundation Trust Undergraduate Bursary, you can contact them for any queries related to the programme. You can find their contact details in the following link:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/