A proud-black owned investment company, Wiphold was established in 1994 by three African women. The company has been creating and producing real change in the market. Wiphold acquired and built strategic investments in sectors like mining and energy, food and agriculture, infrastructure, and financial services.
Wiphold believes in investing in valued endeavors that will return and empower the various initiatives they undertake. They established the Women Development Trust Fund which provides financial assistance to men and women to pursue tertiary qualifications.
With being in operation for more than 27 years, Wiphold has over 200,000 beneficiaries and distributed more than R865m among stakeholders.
Wiphold Bursary Fund 2024
Wiphold is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year. Bursaries will be provided to students in the field of agriculture, actuarial science, engineering, and Chartered Accounting/ BCom Accounting.
Wiphold will select the bursary recipients on the basis of their academic excellence and participation in the school community.
The number of bursaries available will depend on funds availability.
The bursary will cover accommodation fees, textbooks, and test fees and will provide monthly stipend. Bursaries will be renewed each year by evaluation of the Wiphold Bursary Fund based on the academic performance and diligence of the recipient.
Selected candidates will agree on a contract with the Wiphold bursary committee. The recipients may require to participate in various social responsibilities, corporate activities and vacation work if required by Wiphold or their partner organizations.
Prior to applying for the bursary, applicants must follow the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a South African citizen, completed or currently pursuing a Matric examination
- The applicant must intend to pursue a full-time degree course in the fields mentioned by the bursary team and must aim to become an Agriculturist, Actuary, Chartered Accountant, or Engineer
- The applying candidate must obtain a minimum of 70% in Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy) and English in the Matric examination; an overall average of ‘A’ or ‘B’ is a must.
- The candidate must have applied to a minimum of two universities with one closest to home.
How To Apply?
To apply for Wiphold Bursary Fund 2023, download and complete the Wiphold Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Applicants who have been selected provisionally, based on their Grade 11 final marks will get notification by 30th November 2023.
Other successful candidates will receive a confirmation by January 2024, after the release of the Matric result. If you do not receive any communication regarding your application, then consider your candidature to fail.
Applications can be submitted online through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “WIPHOLD Bursary Application 2024” as the email subject line or posted to:
WIPHOLD Bursary Fund
PO Box 87277
Candidates have to submit the following documents to complete their application
- Certified copy of ID document
- You need to attach your recent photograph (passport size) to your application form.
- If currently pursuing Matric examination, then Grade 11 mark sheets; if completed Matric, then Matric certificate/ final results
- Proof of income of parents/ guardians (If employed, latest payslips; if unemployed, affidavit; if applicable, proof of pension or grant can be sent as well)
- Certified copies of certificates, testimonials, and supporting documents.
- An essay describing you, your family background and your future career plans
- If you will have to submit the answers to the following questions in your own handwriting on a separate paper
- Why do you want to be an Agriculturist, Actuary, Chartered Accountant, or Engineer?
- What do you have to become an Agriculturist, Actuary, Chartered Accountant, or Engineer?
- What makes you think you will become successful as an Agriculturist, Actuary, Chartered Accountant, or Engineer?
The closing date for Wiphold Bursary Fund 2023 is 30 November 2023. The Wiphold bursary panel will reject applications if submitted post-deadline.
To solve any queries regarding the bursary, applicants should contact
Contact Page: https://www.wiphold.com/ContactUs
Tel: 011 715 3600
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/