About the WPN
The Women’s Property Network (WP, founded in 2000, has the primary mission of providing a forum for women in the commercial property business to create vital relationships, develop and better their careers, and acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishment of women in the industry.
The WPN is committed to advancing the success of women in South Africa’s commercial property market. There are 400 members in the network across the country, with regional chapters in Gauteng, the Western Cape, and KwaZulu-Natal.
The organization’s main goal is to promote the role of women proactively and favourably in South Africa’s property industry by bringing together diverse, dynamic women from all sectors of industry, running educational programmes, and providing bursary financing that assist women to achieve growth and self.
WPN Bursary 2024
WPN’s Educational Trust grants bursaries to previously underprivileged female students pursuing education in the property business. Since 2008, WPN has given approximately 90 bursaries to female students.
The Founder and CEO of Motseng Investment Holdings (Ipeleng Mkhari), the Director of Smith Tabata Buchanan (Refqah Fataar Ho-Yee), and the CEO of Attacq oversee the WPN Educational Trust (Jackie van Niekerk).
Qualifications listed below will be eligible for the bursary:
Undergraduate degrees or diplomas in property-related fields (Built Environment and Commercial Real Estate sector)
The following expenditures will be met for the successful applicants by the WPN Bursary:
- Coverage for tuition fees for the upcoming academic year (it will not cover any arrears or outstanding student debt).
- At the discretion of WPN, the bursary may additionally cover study materials (students must submit a list of books from the institution/official bookshop as well as a valid quotation).
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria. Please note that failure to meet all requirements will result in your application rejection:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must be a female only.
- You must be studying full-time as an undergraduate Property-related diploma or degree student.
- You must have a minimum overall average score of 65% in the academic year of 2024.
- You must be enrolled at an accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (students at private tertiary institutions will not get the bursary).
- You need to be entering into your 2nd year or above in your college.
- You must prove you need financial need.
- You need to show good academic potential and/or record.
How to apply?
Students must fill the online application at: WPN Bursary Application Form 2024
WPN will then contact students who will qualify, to request their further information and their supporting documents.
Supporting Documents Require:
Candidates who are eligible for the WPN Bursary can submit the below-mentioned documents with the application form. Applications that miss any of the following documents will be disqualified.
- A certified copy of the ID.
- Academic records and/or transcripts for all completed modules (on the letterhead of the institution)
- The proof of your household income.
The last date for sending applications is 12 January 2024. Any applications submitted after this would not be considered.
In case of queries, contact:
Phone: 031 764 4645
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/