About Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) was created in 2009 dedicated to the social and economic development of rural South Africa to ensure that South Africans in rural areas enjoy the same benefits as their urban cousins with regards to human rights and basic dignity.
Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Bursaries
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform is open to full time students who are South African citizens and who desire to study or continue studying at tertiary institutions in the fields of BSc in Land Surveying/Geomatics Mathematics and Physical Science, BSc in Town and Regional Planning/Urban Design Mathematics, Geography and/or Physical Science, BSc/BA in Geo-Informatics/Geographic Information, National diploma in Surveying/Cartography and National diploma in Town and Regional Planning with Mathematics, Physical Science and Geography. The bursary covers tuition, registration, accommodation, meals, living allowance and book fees.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Proven financial need
- Academic potential
- Students of an undergraduate University Degree or National Diploma in Land Surveying, Cartography, Geographic Information Science, Town and Regional Planning, Geomatics Degree
- Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior Certificate should have obtained with at least 60% in all their subjects with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics and 60% in English
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit the following documents with your application form the contact details stated below:
- Proof of physical address residence
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of Statement of Results / Matric Certificate (Matric Certificate is compulsory for all applicants)
- Certified copy of end of year results / last academic results (Students already at tertiary)
- Certified copy of University Acceptance letter
- Parent/Guardian proof of income
30 November 2017
Post: Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, Office of the Chief Surveyor General, Private Bag X954, Pretoria, 0001
Address: Office of the Chief Surveyor General, corner Bosman and Pretorius Streets, 2nd Floor, Rentmeester Building, Pretoria, 0001
Tel: 012 326 8050
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]