About Bergrivier Municipality
Within the Western Cape province of South Africa lies Bergriver Municipality. It covers an area right from the Winterhoek Mountains and stretches through to the Atlantic Ocean. The towns of Piketberg, Velddrif, and Porterville report to it among other neighboring villages.
Its landscape offers diverse tourism opportunities that place it among the top attraction sites in South Africa. In the western region of the local municipality lies the scenic Atlantic coastline, while in the east, the towering mountains of Porterville and Piketberg. You have many opportunities to explore the rural areas around with large wheat farms while going through the dusty farm roads.
Bergrivier Municipality External Study Bursary 2021
2021 is yet another year that Bergrivier Municipality offers students residing in the area permanently an External Study Bursary. It aims at providing financial aid to foster skill development of its residents pursuing;
- Their first degree in any field of study.
- Their first National Diploma in any field of study.
Once you are eligible and have qualified for the bursary, it caters to your financial needs while in school. These include but are not limited to the following;
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Examination fees
- Cost of books and study materials.
- Accommodation fees.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria before applying for the bursary. Failure to this results in disqualification of their application.
- You must be a resident of Bergrivier Municipality.
- You must have attained the age of 18 or are below 35 years for high consideration.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa with an ID for proof.
- Provide proof of acceptance to a selected learning institution with your registration details.
- You must adhere to the entry requirements of the selected institution.
- Your household income per month should be less than the GAP threshold for high preference.
- Carry out your studies at an accredited learning institution in South Africa.
- Only those pursuing their first Degree or National Diploma receive the bursary.
- Once eligible for the bursary, you only receive it through your academic institution.
- The bursary may mostly cover study fees and in rare instances, other essential needs.
How to Apply and Application Details
Once you meet the above requirements, download the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form.
Ensure you fill in all details required, then attach the following documents. Failure to include them may result to the disregard of your application.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Provide a certified copy of our Matric certificate.
- If studying, provide a full tertiary academic record written on a tertiary letterhead.
- Provide a document showing proof of registration or acceptance to the tertiary institution.
- Provide a statement, invoice, or account details of the broken down study fees on a tertiary letterhead.
- Provide a document to show proof of residency, either a residential address or a municipal account.
- Provide certified copies of your parents’ or guardians’ ID documents.
- Provide a document of proof of your household income.
- Provide a document of assurance that you do not receive any full bursary or help from any institution.
Once you are through with the above, ensure you send the application form with attached documents to these municipal offices by hand. You risk exposing your application to disqualification if sent by e-mail or fax. Ensure to Mr. JWA Kotzee, director of Corporate Services, marks it for attention before submission.
- Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325.
- Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335.
- Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320.
- Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810.
- Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105.
- Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365.
The Bergrivier Municipality External Study bursary closing date is 13 November 2020 .
Address: PO Box 60, Piketberg, 7320
Telephone Number: +27 22 913 6055
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org