About Bitou Municipality Mayoral
Bitou Municipality, formerly known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, is a part of Eden District Municipality located in the Western Cape Province. It has a population of around 49,162 people in 16,645 households as per the 2011 census. It covers an area of 992 square kilometres between the Indian Ocean and the Tsitsikamma Mountains around the town of Plettenberg Bay.
The municipality aims to improve the community through education of the youth, ensure access to economic opportunities as well as quality public services and create and maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment for its people.
Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursaries
Bitou Municipality invites all qualified students to apply for bursary programme for the 2018 academic year. The bursary has no specific requirements on the areas of study for applicants so long the said applicant is already accepted at an accredited institution.
The bursary also will not require successful grantees to work for the Municipality as well as the municipality having no obligation to provide employment for the bursary holder. Payment of the educational assistance will be made directly to the institution. Prospective students are also encouraged to apply for as many alternative sources of funding as possible.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
South African citizens permanently residing within the Bitou Municipality
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary application form. Copies of the application form are also available at the various Municipal Offices & Libraries during office hours.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- ID Document
- Senior Certificate
- Proof of acceptance at tertiary institution (Only applications from applicants already accepted at institutions will be processed)
- Proof of total household income of parents or legal guardian
- Banking Details of the Tertiary / Learning Institution on original Bank letterhead
- Send your complete applications to: The Manager, Office of the Executive Mayor, Bitou Local Municipality 4 Sewell Street PLETTENBERG BAY 6600
19 January 2018
Mr. Daluxolo Ncame
Address: 4 Sewell Street Plettenberg Bay 6600
Post: Bitou Local Municipality, Private Bag X1002, PLETTENBERG BAY, 6600
Tel: 044 501 3008