About Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Buffalo City is a metropolitan municipality on the east coast of Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. It includes the towns of East London, Bhisho and King William’s Town, and the townships of Mdantsane and Zwelitsha.
The municipality was founded as a local municipality in 2000 after South Africa’s reshuffle of municipal areas and it takes its name from the Buffalo River, which has the only river port in South Africa. In May 2011, it was removed from the Amathole District Municipality and converted into a metropolitan municipality. The area has a renowned manufacturing base, with major emphasis on the auto industry.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary 2022
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality gives you a chance to apply for the Mayoral Bursary Fund for the academic year 2021. It is part of its mission to develop municipal areas and increase human capital.
The bursary fund targets students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are open to start applying as early before 2021. It covers the following needs for students who benefit from it:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Cost of prescribed books
- Cost of studying materials
- Accommodation fees
Note that successful applicants have to study at any South African accredited Tertiary Institution. It is to start taking effect in 2022 where you should search for an institution based in Eastern Cape. You have to gain admission to a TVET College to stand high chances of receiving the bursary.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Ensure you meet the following minimum application requirements before applying for the bursary. Your application fails to receive any regard when you fail to satisfy any of these criteria.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a resident of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
- Present proof of residence during your application
- You should provide a document showing proof of income of your family household
- It is a mandate that you be open to the idea of working in Buffalo City upon completion of your studies
- You achieved a minimum grade of D in English of 50-59%
- You achieved a minimum of C in Math, Physical Science, and Accounting Matrics with a range starting from 60% to 69%
- It is also okay for you to offer your NVC Level 4 Certificate with Mathematics
- Your age should range from 14-35
- You must come from a previously disadvantaged background
Persons with disabilities should apply for the bursary fund to have a chance to complete their education. It is up to each student to seek admission to tertiary institutions and not the Buffalo Metropolitan Municipality.
Application forms are at any Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Centers. These are in:
- Mdantsane Library Complex
- King William’s Town Civic Center
- Duncan Village Art Center, and
- East London Trust Center Building (7th Floor office number 706)
Submit the following documents alongside the application form. Failure to accompany these supporting documents leads to the disregard of your application.
- A recent academic record from your learning institution
- A South African ID
- Proof of residency in Buffalo City
- A letter from the ward councilor confirming your municipal residence
Application Closing Date
The application process ends on 29 October 2021
Few shortlisted candidates are to wait to receive feedback directing them on attending the personal interview. Failure to obtain any information by 29 January 2022 means your application was unsuccessful. Successful applicants have a chance to renew their application in subsequent years based on their performance in each academic year.
For any questions or queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality office directly at:
Address: P.O.Box 134 East London, 5200
Telephone Number: +27 43 705 1013
Please do NOT contact the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality office if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/