About City of Cape Town
Cape Town is the largest city cited in Western Cape Province and also the oldest city in South Africa. Popularly known as “Mother City”, Cape Town is home to the very famous Table Mountain- one of the 7 wonders of the world.
City of Cape Town is a critical part of the Western Cape Government of South Africa and facilitates their citizens with various basic necessities such as electricity, noise control, property rates, building plan applications and documents, drainage, municipal roads, street lighting, water and sanitation facilities, traffic and parking services, street trading regulation, waste services, abattoirs regulation, tourism and refusal of cleansing and removal services.
The City of Cape Town houses many crucial areas such as Blaauwberg, Oostenberg, the Cape Metropolitan Council, Cape Town CBD, South Peninsula, Helderberg and Tygerberg.
City of Cape Town Bursary 2022
The City of Cape Town has released its Bursary Programme for the academic year 2022-2023 and is inviting applications from candidates who reside in the Cape Town/Cape Metropolitan Area.
Bursaries will be awarded to the students who study in the scarce skills fields (within Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters, Honors and PhD level) as follows:
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Data Science/ Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (various fields, including Industrial Engineering – BSc or BTech)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology (specialization)
- Legal Specialization (various fields)
- Library Sciences (Collections and Acquisitions)
- Medicine (MBChB, Specialists and registration with HPCSA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialization
- Occupational Medicine (Practitioner)
- Organizational Psychology (Registered with HPCSA)
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical training/ qualification in Electricity/ Energy Services/ HVAC/ Refrigeration/ Electronic/ Process Control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors and Architecture
Here’s what the City of Cape Town Bursary 2022 Programme will offer:
The bursary will offer full or partial coverage for the following student expenses-
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Exam fees
Candidates must abide by the following eligibility criteria before submitting their applications. Any failure to abide by all the requirements stated below will directly lead to your application being rejected.
- Must be a resident of South Africa
- Must be a resident of Cape Town/Cape Metropolitan Area
- Must have completed Matric
- Must study or intend to study full-time for a degree within one of the scarce skills fields listed above.
- Must study or register to study at an accredited and renowned tertiary institution in South Africa (University, TVET College or University of Technology)
- Must NOT be in receipt of any other financial aids or bursary programmes
- Must be in financial need
How to Apply?
If you meet all the requirements stated above, then you can proceed further and fill the City of Cape Town Bursary Application 2022.
Download the application form by clicking here: City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Or, you may also get a copy of the application form from one of the City libraries or Walk-in Centers listed below:
Once you complete the application form, you can submit it along with all supporting documents at any one of the Walk-in Centers listed above.
Candidates must submit clear copies of the documents listed below along with the completed application form. Failure to submit any one of the documents or missing items will directly result in the application being disqualified.
- If matriculated, include your matric certificate (certified copy)
- Grade 12 results (certified copy) (65% average)
- Certified ID document (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance from your approved tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record or academic transcript, if studying currently (on institutions letterhead)
- Your degree must be in the predetermined field and advertised as a scarce skill by the City
- Certificates or awards won, if applicable
- Recommendation letter from a peer/mentor/teacher
- Proof of work completed in your selected study field, where applicable
- Proof of residence
- Two people who can be called as references (along with their contact details)
- Parents’/Guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents’/Guardians’ Proof of income (certified copy) (proof of government grant where applicable, latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed).
The last date of application is 2 March 2022.
If any candidate submits their application after this date, it won’t be accepted. Hence, please apply before the closing date.
For any queries, contact the City of Cape Town directly:
HR Service Desk:
City Call Center:
Tel: 0860 103 089 (select option 6)
After the Closing Date, please do NOT contact the City of Cape Town. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.