About Eastern Cape Department of Health
The Eastern Cape Department of Health is an institution that provides accessible quality health services to the people of the Eastern Cape Province. Eastern Cape has an area of 168,966 km2 and is around 13.8% of the South Africa total land area.
Eastern Cape Department of Health Bursaries
Eastern Cape Department of Health bursaries may be granted for higher education to fields of study which are critical and difficult to recruit and retain suitably qualified candidates. The program’s purpose is to provide qualified applicants with sufficient financial aid to obtain specialized skills and qualifications through full-time\part-time studies in a field of Higher Education. Bursary applications will be selected based on service delivery priorities and the associated study fields as well as the applicant’s academic achievement and financial status.
The following fields of study are accepted for the bursary scheme:
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Clinical Psychology
- Dental Therapy
- Oral Hygiene
- Environmental Health
- Medical Orthodic & Prosthetics
- Dental Technology
Bursary scheme may either be:
Full Time Bursary
- Bursary awarded to full-time students
- Not applicable to applicants who have already obtained a B degree\equivalent or higher qualification except in those professions where a higher degree is required and will be subjected based on the identified needs in the Province.
- This bursary will pay for 10% of total bursary amount for books, registration fees, tuition fees, meals and residence allowance.
Part Time Bursary
- Bursary alloted to students who are working in the Public Service and are studying at their own time
- This bursary will cover for the tuition fees and registration fees
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Eastern Cape residents
- Students at an accredited higher education institution within or outside the Province of the Eastern Cape
- NOT a recipient of any other bursary
- Passed matric as well as all the previous years of study
How to Apply and Application Details
Application forms can be obtained from and submitted to respective Eastern Cape Department of Health district offices.
Closing Date 31 October of each year
Address: Dukumbana Building Independance Avenue Bhisho 5605
Post: Private Bag X 0038, Bhisho, 5605
Tel: 08000 32364