DPW&I, or the Department of Public Works and Infrastructure, is a division within the National Government of South Africa. It offers expert advice, recommendation, and strategic leadership to the construction and property industries in South Africa. The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructures comes under the Eastern Cape Provincial Government.
The department takes care of compliance and the management of state-owned immovable assets in the Eastern Cape province. Through its various activities, it aims to provide strategic direction for public work that leads to job creation and prosperity.
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW&I) Bursary 2022
Please note that this bursary programme is re-advertised. Those who have already applied in the 2021 advertisement are encouraged to re-apply.
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure runs a bursary programme to assist students with financial needs. The programme also promotes skill development in the Engineering Sciences and Property Management/Development fields of study.
For the academic session 2022-23, the bursaries will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma) (1 seat)
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma) (1 seat)
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma) (2 seats)
- Architecture (Masters) (2 seats)
The bursary value will vary depending on the study programme and need. It will cover the following costs:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Study materials and books
Besides the above costs, bursars will also receive a living allowance. Once awarded, the students cannot use the amount for any purpose other than the ones specified. Nor can it be transferred or exchanged for some other benefits. Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding the bursary terms and conditions via email.
There are specific criteria for the DPW&I Bursary programme. Anyone applying for the bursary funding must fulfill all of the criteria.
The eligibility requirements for (DPW&I) Bursary 2022 are:
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Must be residing within the Eastern Cape Province
- Must have completed Matriculation
- You must be studying full-time and not part-time
- Must be pursuing or willing to pursue a qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be studying or willing to study at a tertiary institution that’s recognised and accredited
- Must have completed a National Diploma in their respective fields if applying for Advanced Diploma programmes (National Diploma in Land Surveying if applying for Advanced Diploma in Land Surveying)
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Architectural Studies with Honours if applying for Architecture (Masters) programme
Fulfilling all the requirements, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. Applicants from previously disadvantaged backgrounds will get priority over others. Students with a disability may also get the preference. The decision taken by the DPW&I will be considered final.
How to Apply?
To apply for the (DPW&I) Bursary 2022 programme, you need to undergo a short application process.
To get started, you need to complete the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW&I) Bursary Application Form.pdf
You can obtain a copy from the head office/regional office or download it from the website. Read through the instructions and start filling out the form. It will ask about your personal details, academic details, parent/guardian details, and details of other funding you might be receiving.
You need to submit a copy of the following documents:
- ID document (certified copies)
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- National Diploma certificate or Bachelor degree certificate (certified copies)
- Tertiary academic record (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance issued by the tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of residence (letter issued by Traditional Authority Office if living in a village; letter from Municipal Offices if residing in township, town, or farm; rates bill or statement of account aren’t accepted)
- ID documents of parents/guardians
- Proof of household income (recent payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed; death certificates if deceased)
- A motivation letter (written in the application form)
Lastly, send the completed application form along with the documents to:
Amatola Business Village
The Director: Human Resources Utilisation and Capacity Development
Private Bag X0022
The (DPW&I) Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 20 February 2022.
For more details regarding the bursary programme, contact:
- M Dingwayo at 040 602 4619
- SP Khumalo at 040 602 4761
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on February 15, 2022)