About Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works
The Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works (DRPW) provides sustainable infrastructure in the province which results to socio-economic reforms, sector transformation and development.
Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works Bursaries
The Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works will award twenty five (25) bursaries to qualified applicants who are Eastern Cape Province residents and who wish to study at an accredited learning institution in South Africa for the 2018 academic year. The bursary scheme aims to provide financial assistance for the education, training and skills development of historically disadvantaged South Africans who are considering a career in Engineering Sciences and related professions.
The following areas of study are accepted for the bursary:
- ND/ Degree in Architectural Studies
- ND/ Degree Building Management
- ND/ Degree in Construction Health and Safety Management
- ND/Degree in Town and Regional Planning
- ND/Degree in Landscape Architecture
- ND/Degree in Property Management / Studies
- ND/Degree in Real Estate
- ND/Degree in Interior Design
- BSC in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Health, Safety and Environmental Management
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens and permanent residents of the Eastern Cape Province
- Disadvantaged background
- Academic excellence as well as Grade 12 potential
- Non-beneficiary of any other bursary scheme
- Students of scarce skills areas as identified by DRPW at recognized accredited institutions of Higher learning in South Africa
- Proven financial need
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the bursary application form. Application forms are also available at any Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works Regional Offices.
- Submit application form with the following documents:
- Proof of residence from the local authorities or letter from Ward Councillor
- Proof of income of parents or guardian (For guardian, provide proof with affidavit signed by commissioner)
- Submit proof of latest academic results
- Send your complete applications through mail at Private Bag X 0022 Head Office Bhisho 5605 or hand carried at Unit 5, Amatola Business Village Bisho. No faxed, e-mailed or incomplete application forms will be considered.
Communication will only be limited to shortlisted applicants. Successful applicants will be required to sign contractual agreements with the Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works.
15 January 2018
Address: Unit 5, Amatola Business Village Bisho
Post: Private Bag X 0022 Head Office Bhisho 5605
Tel: 040 602 4052/ 4122