About Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
The City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality was established in 2000 and forms the local government in the east of Gauteng. The name Ekurhuleni means place of peace in XiTsonga. It is Africa’s first Aerotropolis, one of the five districts of Gauteng and one of only eight metro municipal areas in South Africa. Ekurhuleni is made up of 9 towns, 17 townships, 8000 industries and has a population of more than 3 million.
Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursaries
Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality bursaries are awarded to qualified applicants who are residents of the region and comes from less fortunate group such as women, people with disability or financially needy.
Bursaries are given to deserving candidates with a good academic performance who wish to pursue full-time studies of Bachelor’s Degrees, National Diplomas, Certificates and Accredited Learning Programmes from accredited higher institutions in the following fields of study:
- Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Finance and Commerce
- Law (LLB)
- Humanities, Health and Environment Management
- Vocational Programmes
- Information Technology
EMM bursary will pay for tuition fees, registration fees and 100% of books / education materials. Transport and accommodation expenses are not covered.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens residing and studying in Gauteng
- Students of the fields of study such as Ceramic design, Classical Music, Copywriting, Media Studies, Creative Writing, Drama, Dance & Choreography, Fashion design, Fine Art, Graphic design, Jewellery design, Performing arts, Photography, Puppetry, Sound Engineering, Textile design, Theatre and Visual Arts, Research in the field of Arts and Culture.
- Full time students and not employed
- Students of public institutions
- Undergraduates and Post Graduates (specifically in the field of Arts and Culture Research) may apply
How to Apply and Application Details
- Obtain application forms at all Ekurhuleni Customer Care, libraries and clinics
- Complete and application forms together with required documents:
- Proof of registration from the institution where the student will be studying
- Full official recent academic transcripts / results (Grade 12 certificate or current matric exam results)
- Certified copy of ID
- Updated CV
- Two written reference letters from reputable individual
- Submit complete application and documentation using either of the following methods:
- Post: Grants Officer: Arts and Culture, Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Private Bag X33, Marshalltown Johannesburg 2000
- Hand Delivered: Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices 35 Rissik Cnr. Fox Street Johannesburg
Late, faxed or emailed application forms will NOT be considered.
Tel: 011 999-6339
Tel: 011 999-7852
Tel: 011 999-7711
Tel: 011 999-6342
Tel: 011 999-7747
Tel: 011 999-8602