About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. This is done through the establishment of learnerships, internships, bursaries and career guidance programmes. The Gauteng youth, business sectors and Gauteng government employees are the major beneficiaries of the GCRA.
The GCRA has developed an Unemployment database in order to identify participants for development programs. The employment opportunities will come from Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies and the private sectors. Interviews, as well as other application procedures and results, will be used as a basis for program selection.
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is inviting all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng as well as unemployed students to apply for its bursary program by registering on the GCRA Database. GCRA bursary covers registration fees, tuition fees and academic books to any recognized Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Should the academic expenses exceed the GCRA maximum bursary amount, bursary holders are encouraged to apply to other additional sponsorship. GCRA bursaries holder will also be required to render 40 hours of community service from their 1st year of study until graduation.
GCRA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Must need to be unemployed and be in the process of acquiring a grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Must need to be unemployed and have acquired a grade 12 or equivalent certificate.
- Undergraduate students at Traditional Higher Education Institutions or Further Education and Training Institution (Important – Unisa, will not be considered as it is for part-time studies);
- Must need to be a permanent resident of Gauteng; and
- Preference will be given to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities.
How to Apply and Application Details
- GCRA bursary online application is available for the applicants. To do so, register a profile on the GCRA website job center section.
- Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 / highest qualification results
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Institution
31 March 2020
In completion of the application form:
- Read carefully before completing, signing or submitting this form
- Ensure that this form is completed in full
- Ensure that this form is duly signed
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly:
Tel: +27 11 556 9000
Address: 17 Diagonal Street, Old JSE Building 5th Floor, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2113