About Knysna Municipality
The Knysna Municipality is the gem of the Garden Route located in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. Its leisure activities within the area attract thousands of tourists each year. The garden route has beautiful beaches, a scenic ocean view, peaceful parks, picnic areas, and not to mention the birding activities.
The municipality prioritizes environmental conservation while ensuring you enjoy the fun activities at its garden club and environs. It focuses on botany and the importance of keeping it secure from distortion. No wonder the town’s river and lagoon are always clean hence ensuring the landscape of the area appeals to every local and international visitor.
The Knysna Municipality Bursary Program
Knysna Municipality Mayoral Bursary offers students pursuing their studies in rare skill sectors. These students must live within the Knysna Municipal Area to be eligible for the funding.
Successful applicants receive the bursary that caters for the following expenses while they study.
- Provision of tuition fees within a specific limit.
- Registration fees.
- Book allowances up to a specific amount.
- Examination fees.
- Provision of accommodation fees to students worthy of benefiting from it.
We only reach out to successful applicants through their contact details. If you do not receive any feedback within 2 months of the application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
You have to satisfy the following minimum application requirements for the consideration of your application. Failure to meet any of these criteria leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must live in Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal, and Sedgefield.
- You must have completed your Matric or are currently studying it.
- You must be in the process of applying for a course with a scarce skill set or are currently pursuing it.
- You must be studying in a SAQA accredited or a TVET institution within South Africa or are in the process of beginning your studies at one.
- You must provide exemplary academic performance.
- You must provide a document or any relevant proof that you need financial aid.
- You must come from a previously disadvantaged background or need financial assistance.
Qualified applicants should download the application form below:
Ensure to attach copies of the following documents while submitting. Failure to include any of the following leads to the disregard of your application.
- You must provide certified copies of your ID document.
- You must provide a certified copy of your Matric or the latest results.
- You must provide a certified copy of your Matric certificate if completed.
- You must provide a certified copy of your latest results if studying in a tertiary institution.
- Ensure to include documents showing proof of your household income.
- Include an acceptance letter to the institution on a tertiary letterhead.
- Include the institution’s banking details on a tertiary letterhead.
- Include your Curriculum Vitae.
- Ensure to provide a cover letter that supports your application.
- You must provide a document showing proof of residence.
Once you complete filling out the application form, submit it in either of the following ways.
- Postal address: P.O. Box 21, Knysna, 6570.
- Deliver it by hand: Mayor’s office, Clyde street, Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa, 6570.
Note that it is crucial to submit the application form as a hard copy. Any e-mailed or faxed form upon submission cannot be regarded.
Bursary Closing Date
7 January 2022
Address: 5 Clyde Street, Knysna, Box 21, Knysna 6570.
Telephone Number: +27 44 302 6355
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on November 30, 2021)