About KwaDukuza Municipality
The local municipality of KwaDukuza is one of 4 municipalities under iLembe District Municipality in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. For students who live in KwaDukuza Municipality, show great potential through their academic performances, and want to pursue their studies further in any of the recognised and reputable public tertiary institutions within the Republic of South Africa, the KwaDukuza Municipality accepts applications for bursaries that it offers for the 2021 Academic Year.
KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary 2021
The main objective of the bursary programme is to provide Admission or Registration Fee assistance to students who are financially incapable, historically disadvantaged, and academically deserving. The value of the bursary is R5,000.00.
KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for the bursary, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in Grade 12 with an entrance or endorsement from a University
- Must be residents of KwaDukuza Municipality
- Must produce an original copy of proof of residency
Applicants must either have eligibility to register for full-time undergraduate studies or studying towards a Degree or National Diploma in any of the accredited public higher educational institutions in South Africa where they can pursue their studies in the fields they have chosen.
How to Apply and Application Details
Application forms must be collected from one the following locations:
- KwaDukuza Youth Centre: 41-42 Hullet Street, KwaDukuza, 4450
- Libraries inside the KwaDukuza jurisdiction area
- Other municipal ofﬁces
To apply, applicants must submit the following documentation:
- A letter of motivation where the applicant explains why they believe they deserve the bursary.
- An original certified copy of the Matric statement of results along with a certified copy of their endorsed (B/D) Matric certificate (with Matric exemption)
- An original certified copy of the official progress report that indicating symbols, percentages, and marks obtained in all of the written examinations.
- An original certified copy of an ID document.
- A copy of the admission requirements from the academic institution where the applicant intends to study if they weren’t accepted yet.
- A copy of the curriculum that indicates the number of modules or subjects to take from the academic institution and the number of years of study for the course of study that the applicant intends to take.
- A printout of the tuition fees required by the academic institution.
- A statement of income and expenditure of the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- A proof of income or a letter from the Department of Labour and an affidavit that states that the parent/s aren’t employed.
- An original certified death certificate of the applicant’s parent/s, if deceased.
- A letter of recommendation from Social Workers or Operation Sukuma Sakhe War-Room (this is optional)
Applicants must submit their applications in a sealed envelope. Applicants must write, “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2021” and submitted their applications in one of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
P.O Box 72,
Human Resource Office at the OK Mall Building
1st Flr, Cnr of Hullet and Chief Albert Luthuli Street
05 March 2021
Address: 14 Chief Albert Luthuli St, Stanger Central, KwaDukuza, 4450
Tel. #: 032 437 5000