About KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA)
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is an organization which is responsible to supervise the socio-economic development in the province. The operations of the department are managed by national and provincial legislative, policy and strategic frameworks.
EDTEA has eleven statutory bodies aligned to its operations namely Trade & Investment, Tourism, Sharks Board, Dube Trade Port, Moses Kotane Institute, Richards Bay IDZ, Ithala, Growth Fund, Liquor Authority, Film Commission and Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife.
KwaZulu-Natal Dept of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) Bursaries
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is awarding six (6) bursaries to KwaZulu-Natal Grade 12 students who are from disadvantaged backgrounds to continue studies in Aeronautical engineering in the University of Pretoria or Wits University for the 2020 academic years.
The Bursary covers tuition fees, residential, prescribed books, food and allowance. It is renewable every year based on the academic results of the student.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- KwaZulu-Natal Residents and South African citizens
- Must be from a disadvantaged background and preferably from rural areas
- Must be admitted by University of Pretoria or Wits University to study the Aeronautical engineering programme
- Within the 15 -35 years of age
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fully completed the KwaZulu-Natal Dept of EDTEA Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Accompany the application form with the following documents:
- Motivation letter explaining why the bursary is required or needed
- Proof of residence in KwaZulu-Natal such as utility billing statements
- Certified copy of Identity Card/ Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Certified copy of Parent/Guardian/ Identity Card
- Certified copy of death certificate of the parent, if applicable
- Grade 11 end of year academic reports
- Grade 12 reports
- Proof of acceptance letter or admission from the University of Pretoria or Wits University
- Printout from the academic institution of the tuition fees that will be required
- Certified copy of the curriculum from the academic institution for the intended
course of study
- Parents or Guardians proof of Income such as salary payslips, bank statements etc., for employed parent/guardian
- Letter from Department of Labour or an affidavit from parent/guardian stating that they are unemployed
- Send application to:
- Post: Attention – Ms Cheryl Singh, HRD, Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X 9152, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or:
- Hand delivered: Attention – Ms Cheryl Singh, HRD Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
Only selected applicants will be communicated.
Opening & Closing Date 30 November 2019
Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane
Tel: 033 264 2635